cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost time for delinquent accounts to age off, I have some questions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost time for delinquent accounts to age off, I have some questions.

In 2013 I hit a rough patch financially, and had multiple accoutns go into collections, and a few 90 day late payments.  All I have remaining that hasnt been removed thorough Goodwill letters:

Target - Chargeoff, date closed: Nov 2013 Last payment Dec 2014

Synchrony / American Eagle - Chargeoff, date closed: July 2013 Last payment Jul 2014

Wells Fargo Dealer Services (Car loan) - 30 day late: March 2013, 60 late: April 2013, 90 late: May 2013, account closed in April 2016, Paid in full

NCC Business Services (collection): Opened December 2013, PIF around August 2014, not 100% sure

I know Ive got a little bit before they age off, probably around two years, I was wondering exactly when they would and when I could possibly EE them. Can you guys help me out with this? Ive come to the masters for help

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: Almost time for delinquent accounts to age off, I have some questions.

EE is TransUnion 6 months Equifax 1 month Experian 3 months

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Charge-offs and collections are both covered under the credit report exclusion period set forth in FCRA 605(c), which is no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the date of first delinquency on the debt.  No other date is relevant.

The CRAs will normally exclude at 7 years from DOFD.

The DOFD is required to be separately reported once a charge-off or collection has been reported, and is stored in your credit file.

You need to obtain the reported DOFD.  If it is not shown in your commercial credit report, then check your more comprehensive report at annualcreditreport.com.

Add 7 years to the reported DOFD.  That will be the expected credit report exclusion date.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Charge-offs and collections are both covered under the credit report exclusion period set forth in FCRA 605(c), which is no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the date of first delinquency on the debt.  No other date is relevant.

The CRAs will normally exclude at 7 years from DOFD.

The DOFD is required to be separately reported once a charge-off or collection has been reported, and is stored in your credit file.

You need to obtain the reported DOFD.  If it is not shown in your commercial credit report, then check your more comprehensive report at annualcreditreport.com.

Add 7 years to the reported DOFD.  That will be the expected credit report exclusion date.

Thanks for the info, so the opened date on the collections and closed on the chargeoffs dont matter? Or the date of last payment? Only the DoFD? This is good news for me!

Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

EE TU 6 months prior to the 7 yr mark from DoFD and the other 2 start requesting it 3 months out. Now that they are aging in time once they each pass the 6 yr mark I would try another GW letter to see if they will drop them.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just pulled all 3 credit reports on annualcreditreport, they are showing an estimated removal date of 4/2020 for all of the delinquent accounts, so should i start requesting EE around January of 2020 on EQ, and EX and 10/2019 for TU?

Message 6 of 8
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just pulled all 3 credit reports on annualcreditreport, they are showing an estimated removal date of 4/2020 for all of the delinquent accounts, so should i start requesting EE around January of 2020 on EQ, and EX and 10/2019 for TU?

You could and they say its better to call but you have to speak to a supervisor. Some will also let you know the exact date of when you can request EE over the phone.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unbelievable. Went online to NCC Business Services contact us page and sent an extremely simple “please delete this account from all 3 bureaus” message and they just emailed back saying they’re deleting it from all 3 and sent me a letter! Unreal!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.