cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpha recovery? Velocity? Updated with webbank Oliphant

Highlighted
Contributor

Alpha recovery? Velocity? Updated with webbank Oliphant

I had a voicemail today from a company called alpha recovery. They used a spoofed number that appeared to be a local number. I didn’t answer it because I’ve been getting non stop political robo calls. As far as I know I don’t have any accounts in collections. I have 3 late accounts. One is with USBank and is only a few days late. I am working on paying it. The other two are lending club and prosper. Both of those
accounts were past due over the summer but I’ve been continuing to make payments towards. They are definitely not current but also haven’t been ignored. Lending club loan was for 18k and has about 7k remaining. Prosper was for 6500 and has about 4000 remaining. Has anyone dealt with this company? Are they legit? I am hesitant to call him back. He sounded so rude. Thanks!

Updated: today I got an email from prosper letting me know my account had been sold to velocity investments llc. This really surprises me because I had been in contact with prosper and making payments, although less than what was due. I assume alpha recovery is working with velocity. Any experience or words of wisdom on how to proceed?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Alpha recovery? Velocity?

Updated again: The same guy also left a voicemail at my work number. I was out yesterday so did not get it until today. I am going to return his call but I am wondering what kind of information should I provide? If the debt is indeed one of the two debts I know is currently in default, should I be honest? Or just provide nothing and have him provide the info. Thanks!

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted

Keep up your agreement to pay that account that was sold the sale of it doesnt change the material terms. I would deal with the OCs and not any collectors.

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Contributor

So pay velocity directly since they now own it? Thanks!
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted

@thegrapelady wrote:
So pay velocity directly since they now own it? Thanks!

If they own it deal with them and ask them to recall any collectors in exchange for the payment.

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you. I will try this.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Alpha recovery? Velocity? Updated again... webbank oliphant financial

Ok.. beyond confused now. I contacted the account owner for prosper, now velocity. They were actually fairly kind and thrilled I contacted them first. I have no clue who alpha recovery is representing! I got a letter in the mail from them today which stated they were attempting to collect a debt in the amount of $8,784.51 and that the original creditor was webbank. Then that the creditor is Oliphant financial services. I have absolutely no clue what on earth this is! I’ve never heard of webbank, and have never been contacted by them or Oliphant financial services. Has anyone ever heard of them? Aside from responding and saying I know nothing about this debt, any advice? Thanks!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.