cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being doubly hit for judgment and original account?

tag
3MV
New Contributor

Am I being doubly hit for judgment and original account?

I have a judgement reporting on my credit report from American General. The original account with American General is also reportng as paid in full, but with two 60 and one 90 day late. This was all in 2008. Am I being dinged for the judgement AND the lates, or do they all count as the same thing? The reason I ask is because I want to know if trying to GW the lates is a waste of time score wise.

Starting Score: 539 EQ 11/1/2011
Current Score: 648 EQ SW , 670 TU SW, 654 EX (MTG Pull 8/19/2013)

**It's a marathon not a sprint**
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Am I being doubly hit for judgment and original account?

@3MV wrote:

I have a judgement reporting on my credit report from American General. The original account with American General is also reportng as paid in full, but with two 60 and one 90 day late. This was all in 2008. Am I being dinged for the judgement AND the lates, or do they all count as the same thing? The reason I ask is because I want to know if trying to GW the lates is a waste of time score wise.

Two seperate listings, two seperate scoring factors; I would keep trying to GW the lates away

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 4
rredstick9
Valued Member

what does GW stand for and if it has to do with disputing late 's, what is the best way to do that?

Message 3 of 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@rredstick9 wrote:

what does GW stand for and if it has to do with disputing late 's, what is the best way to do that?

GW isn't a dispute. GW stands for Good Will -- Basically, sending a letter asking for the removal.

Disputing and GW usually don't go hand in hand. If you have a VALID reason for dispute, then feel free to dispute. But if the dispute is frivilous, GW is often the way to go. 

Once you take up frivilously disputing accounts, it may become harder to GW them.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.