Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I on the right path?

tag
jgdev
Regular Contributor

Am I on the right path?

Hello everyone!

Been lurking for a while, finally coming out of the woodwork after doing some work on my credit over the last 6-12 months.

Less than a year ago I was sitting at an abysmal 470 across all 3 bureaus. I had a ton of baddies from 2012 when something called life happened and I was an underprepared young 20 something. I have done alot of work in paying off any old collections. which I am happy to report there are no longer any collections on my reports just some aging charged-off accounts which should drop off next year.

Currently I am sitting at 
EX: 628 FICO 8
TU: 640 FICO 8
EQ: 637 FICO 8

I was added as an authorized user on 2 credit cards, one was a few years old decent CL, the other is a new account with a high CL. In addition I had my own capital one card with a sub $3K CL. I also have since december opened up 3 new cards. One is a garbage card I'll probably have less than a year I just wanted it as another positive account it's from First Access with a tiny $300 CL that I had to pay to get, but I was ok with that. I also got approved for a Capital One Quicksilver One, and I just got a Discover It secured card with a $300 CL(for now).

I just want to make sure I am on the right path. I am not going to app for anything for a little while and focus on keeping my balances as low as possible. I am going to do my best to keep the First Acces, QS1 and Discover at a $0 PIF every month. I also am going to work on paying down my other Capital One down from it's 90% UTL. As I am doing that I also am going to be setting aside money every paycheck to build my savings and have a cushion. Reason for the rebuild is I am sick of not being able to do stuff after having damaged credit for so long, and I want to buy a new car next year once the dust settles.

TL;DR;

• 470s to 635s in less than a year
  • 3 new credit cards in last 2 months
  • Added as AU on 2 cards recently
  • 90% UTL on one card need to pay down
  • Working on paying down card balance and building savings account
  • Am I on the right path?
06/01/2022

12/07/17
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Re: Am I on the right path?

Some CRAs will chop accounts off your reports early is asked. Especially the ones that haven't been updated in a while.
No parking allowed!

Great work on those scores. Keep it up!!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.