cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am on on the right track or suggestions please...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am on on the right track or suggestions please...

It's been a long time since I needed to rebuild. I am helping a young niece do so now. Report filled with bads, charges offs and collections. Scores in low 500's ( 520-545) across all three (real not fake scores all from here 3B). Thing is all bads are almost 6 years old so will fall off with in the next year and a few months with the exception of her car... it was very bad with rolling 30's and 60's for a couple of years but now all on time for past 20 months and will be paid off in Feb of next year, so it will still be on her report when the rest is gone. As the car will be the only thing at all remaining on her report at that time, I decided to see what cards we can get now thus the inquires will be gone when her report clears, she will have some positive accounts and hopefully some aging to her scores as well. Got her a Cap One non-secured SL only $300 they are actually two of the charge off for pretty high amounts but approved), a Citi Secured Card at $1000.00, and the only other I could find was an Idingo card as... all other options were burnt but they approved at $500 unsecured of course. That gives her 3 CC's and the car/installment... I know it can be slow, we are hoping for a much nicer picture taking care of these finishing the car positive which will then be positive for 32 months although the negative past will still show for I am not sure how long. What do you think want suggestions as we really do not need to do anything with the bads, not in a rush and past SOL so we are the best to approach is to just let them drop off. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Am on on the right track or suggestions please...

Well you got what it takes to start a fresh rebuild. There will be some gains once it all ages off. Hopefully no legal actions will be taken before then. Once those are gone. It will be a little over 5 yrs until the newest lates will fall by the wayside. These will hold the scores down some and still hurt until they go poof also. As more positives are matured. The negs will lose their ding in time. Least there wasnt any 90 or 120 lates in your post. It will be a slow process. But it goes by fast. Not much more you can do for now. Just let time do its thing. We usually say try goodwill letters. But with a string of lates that long. May not do any good. But really nowhere to go but up from here. Treat the cards right. No more lates. Good Luck.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.