Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express optima card

tag
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express optima card

I took the Optima offer and made payments to PIF. They gave me $500 CL and it's stated that it isn't eligible for CLI ever. They aren't kidding since I've had it 3 years now and still at $500. Meanwhile, I have other cards all the way up to a $10k CL. I keep the Optima open and pay the annual fee as penance I guess. At the time I wouldn't have gotten any other card, so in retrospect I don't regret it. I'd take the Optima offer again.

The good news is that I have plenty of credit now and have been able to get other AMEX cards.

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 11 of 12
Cskinner
Established Member

Re: American Express optima card

@TheKid2 wrote:

I took the Optima offer and made payments to PIF. They gave me $500 CL and it's stated that it isn't eligible for CLI ever. They aren't kidding since I've had it 3 years now and still at $500. Meanwhile, I have other cards all the way up to a $10k CL. I keep the Optima open and pay the annual fee as penance I guess. At the time I wouldn't have gotten any other card, so in retrospect I don't regret it. I'd take the Optima offer again.

The good news is that I have plenty of credit now and have been able to get other AMEX cards.

Ok thanks, that's good information to know and what I was wondering if the card was worth working for. I already have 3 cards now. Merrick, Ollo, and Capital 1 quicksilver secured. Hearing that, I don't think it would really make sense to take the offer just to have a card with a low balance that can never increase and a fee. I would love to repair my status with American Express and hopefully one day I can. For now though, with so much debt besides them. I'm thinking it's best to get everything to zero as quickly and cheap as possible. But thank you for the info. That really helps knowing more what the card is about.  

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.