cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Honda pulled account from Northstar and gave it to NCO FInancial - 30 days to dispute debt

tag
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

American Honda pulled account from Northstar and gave it to NCO FInancial - 30 days to dispute debt

I have an old repo from 2007 with American Honda Financial.  Just recently, this account was sent to NCO Financial and they are giving me 30 days to dispute the debt.  When the debt was with Northstar I had called Honda and found out they still own the account but it was assigned to Northstar.  I am wondering if this is the same with NCO FInancial Systems, Inc. 

My question is, do I send the DV letter to American Honda Financial since they still own it?  -Or do I sent it to NCO?  Maybe both?

Another **bleep** with Honda for a PFD.  My thoughts are to do the following:

• Send DV letter.  (just need to figure out to who)?
  • Send expired SOL letter and demand removal from both Honda and NCO, or...
  • Work with Honda directly since they still own the account, argue the SOL is expired and they will not recover any $ from me.  But, perhaps if I offer them 10 or 20% of the balance they would agree to call off NCO and they will delete their reporting?  It will benefit me and them.  Recovering a portion of the balance is better than nothing, right?  -I hope they see it that way!

Does anyone think there's logic to this?  Here is some info about the original acct and NCO's reporting.  Thanks.

Original Creditor:

American Honda Lease, repo.

Deficiency amount $10,934.37

Original date of Delinquency:  Nov 2007.  No reaffermation of debt after this date.

Starting Score: 672 TU, 669 EQ, 659 EX FAKO(10/3/11)
Current Score: 786 TU FICO(5/23/14), 758 EQ FICO (8/01/14), 811 EX FICO (5/26/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: American Honda pulled account from Northstar and gave it to NCO FInancial - 30 days to dispute d

First of the DV process is only for the CA, not the OC.  If the OC can still accept the debt, then I would deal directly with them.  The fact that this account is past the SOL does not  mean it has to be removed from your CR.  That is a matter for the CRTP.  It does however give you a little bit better option of settling.  Since it is past the SOL, you could try to settle for the 10-20%.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.