Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU Removal

tag
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

Amex AU Removal

Has anyone here had any luck removing an AMEX AU account from your file? I just found out they closed my mom's account and she has a 16K balance. I was only added to piggyback on her long tradeline. (At the time I didn't realize how they did AU's) Even tho I didn't get the perks I wanted it didn't impact my scores. Now that this is a closed account with a big balance I'm worried its going to tank my file.

I just did an online dispute because AMEX wont talk to me because I'm not the primary. I've heard they're hard to get removed.

Thanks in advance.

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex AU Removal

If the account is closed, then there is no active account from which to remove your AU status. With AU accounts, you inherit the positive AND the negative. Short of paying off that account, I can't think of anything that you can do. It would be interesting to see if anyone had a creative idea to address this specific situation. Good luck.

Message 2 of 4
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

Received my dispute results today and the account reflects a zero balance with account closed no delinquency. I would have preferred the trade line be deleted but a zero balance is fine with me.

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 3 of 4
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Yea I don't think AmEx deletes the tradeline.  I asked my mom to take me off hers, and it shows up on my report as Terminated.   It may be because when AmEx adds someone as an AU, they actually make them an Additional Card holder.  So you get your own card with your own account number, but it's tied to the main account.  Whereas witha n AU, it just authorizes you to use the same card as the account holder

So AmEx closes your specific account number   

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.