cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Optima Approved for $2k - Data Points

sznthescore
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Optima Approved for $2k - Data Points

For those interested, it's good to know that the Optima card is still available. Nothing like making progress @wpxo. Congratulations on restarting your relationship with Amex.

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+; (0) zero inquiries (7/2025)
Message 11 of 14
wpxo
Established Member

@FicoME27 wrote:

Did paying off the CO have any negative affect on your score? I keep getting offers from them as well, and it's a small amount $1000 on a BCP from 2017. I really want back in with AMEX, but I feel like I'm opening pandora's box by paying off a CO that will fall off soon. 

@FicoME27 When the balance dropped to $0, my score increased a few points. I think that generally whenever you pay something off (i.e. owe less overall) on your credit profile, it’s considered an improvement by FICO.
Starting Scores: 10/2013: EX: 575, EQ: 568, TU: 607
Current Scores:
Goals: 800 across the board

Message 12 of 14
wpxo
Established Member

@sznthescore wrote:

For those interested, it's good to know that the Optima card is still available. Nothing like making progress @wpxo. Congratulations on restarting your relationship with Amex.

Thanks a lot! Feels great to have a (nearly) clean slate with Amex again!!
Starting Scores: 10/2013: EX: 575, EQ: 568, TU: 607
Current Scores:
Goals: 800 across the board

Message 13 of 14
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

congrats on getting back in with them

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS
AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23500 SL/ FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/FNBO FORDPASS REWARDS $1000/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $30K SL /SOCKDRAWERED WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ INVESTEX CREDIT UNION PLATINUM REWARDS $1500/ PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.