Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex consolidation question

tag
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

Amex consolidation question

Here goes

Blue Cash opened March 2018 5k limit also opened a Delta Skymiles same day 1k limit 

Then in October of 2018 I open a Cash Magnet 1k SL

I asked for a Cli on the cash magnet same day and got 500$  so limit is now 1500

I then asked for a CLI on my Blue cash in April 2019 approved for 10k limit now 15k

Too be honest I dont really need a travel card since I dont really travel I'm too busy and cant do much with a 1k limit anyway I now have a BBT Travel card with 4500 limit that was a soft pull card 

My question is if I roll the 1k limit into the Cash magnet and close the  Delta card will it affect  my score bad enough that lenders may do AA the nal on CM is 700/1500 so that 1k will help its UTI

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex consolidation question

@howellco2 wrote:

Here goes

Blue Cash opened March 2018 5k limit also opened a Delta Skymiles same day 1k limit 

Then in October of 2018 I open a Cash Magnet 1k SL

I asked for a Cli on the cash magnet same day and got 500$  so limit is now 1500

I then asked for a CLI on my Blue cash in April 2019 approved for 10k limit now 15k

Too be honest I dont really need a travel card since I dont really travel I'm too busy and cant do much with a 1k limit anyway I now have a BBT Travel card with 4500 limit that was a soft pull card 

My question is if I roll the 1k limit into the Cash magnet and close the  Delta card will it affect  my score bad enough that lenders may do AA the nal on CM is 700/1500 so that 1k will help its UTI

IME, Amex won't let you go lower than 1K on a card when you combine from the donor card, so if you close the card you just close the card they wouldnt let you move that 1K over.  Wish you could do that like other banks, but so far i havent had any luck with the reps in making that happen since the online system won't let you do that either. 

Message 2 of 4
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

If that's the case guess I'll just sock drawer it it serves no real purpose

Also do you know if you can do the 3xCL every 3 months if that's the case I'll start building my CM up I'm happy at 15k on other one

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@howellco2 wrote:
If that's the case guess I'll just sock drawer it it serves no real purpose

Also do you know if you can do the 3xCL every 3 months if that's the case I'll start building my CM up I'm happy at 15k on other one

With Amex its 1 CLI on 1 card every 6 months. The initial 61 day 3x CLI is a one time break from their normal rules on CLI.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.