Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex reported $8 balance late. Thought it was paid

tag
economan
Established Member

Re: Amex reported $8 balance late. Thought it was paid

Amex has agreed to "reage" which i believe means remove delinquent reporting. I don' t know how long it will take but I'll keep you posted.

Message 11 of 15
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

WooHoo

Message 12 of 15
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@economan

When they re-age it wipes clean from your internal history—it’s a good thing. Congrats on the GW.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always set up your accounts with automatic payments for, at least, minimum each month.  I have all my accounts set to pay automatically.  I just log into my accounts and pay down myself, but if something were to happen to me and I could not make a payment that month (in the hospital, etc), I know that all my accounts will pay automatically so I don't have to ever worry about lates.  It is a fail safe.  Luckily, Amex worked with you but not all creditors will.  Setting up automatic payments is a good fallback for the unforseeable.  If you had set them up, then the payment on the $8 would have already been made and nothing would have hit your credit report.

Message 14 of 15
economan
Established Member

Thanks for support and info
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.