Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Emphatic NOOOO from usaa card....

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

An Emphatic NOOOO from usaa card....

usaa declined me for their platinum card, and what's interessting bout the decline was....

It says "We CAN NOT APPROVE YOU BLAH BLAH BLAH" in capital letters.

I wonder if this is the norm, the way it was said....

It made me feel so small.....LOL

BTW...have BK discharged on 6/12,

my fico 653 as of 4/13(cerdit union pull)EX

nothin bad since my BK discharge, although my eports a collection of some kind, i donno

and i am a partial member w/usaa

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
chasmith
Valued Contributor

Re: An Emphatic NOOOO from usaa card....

USAA can be very conservative.

I'm a full member with BK discharged 11/2009 (no loss to USAA).  After two years oerfect performance on their secured card I was declined for unsecured last September.

I like USAA and continue to do some business there (banking and insurance) but there are better places to go for credit after BK.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

I'm a full member and I think you can do better than USAA for everything (with the exception of brokerage account, which is awesome). Their insurance is too high (saved 250 by switching to Geico), and their credit card rewards are pretty sucky. Secured Cards don't graduate, they give low limits unless your credit is in the mid 750s. I had three open CC accounts with them, 2yrs Never late. Renters and auto insurance, as well as an IRA and checking/savings account. It took them 2yrs and 2 HPs to give me a $500 CLI to 1500.  MY NFCU card on the other hand started me out at 25k. I opened two Chases cards less than a month a part and had a 5k limit on both. While tthe customer service is great I think in the future they will run a ton of customers off with their policies.  

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 3 of 11
bk510
Valued Contributor

Ummmm....I wonder if i should close it, yes i have heard of them being somewhat conservative but then again, who isnt with the economy the way it is now.

Look, I have BK7 that wa discharged on 6/12

since i have.....

cap1 secured 200

cap1 platinum 500

target redcard 200

sony visa card also from cap1 500.....i have gotton these cards in this order since my BK.

I would like to know if this is enough to rebuild my credit to where its going to get me discover card or any other prime cards?

4 TL's..... is this enough?

my fico is 653 at EX(from my CU), i dont know what my score is with the other 2 bureau

my inquiries...11 EX, 12 EQ 11TU.....they r not all from 2013

thank u,

any advice?

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 4 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There is NFCU if you are eligible.  For CC they are much more likely to approve than USAA. 

I have insurance through USAA and they are the lowest for me.  GEICO was several hundred more. 

Message 5 of 11
TrishN
Established Contributor

not true.

i have both NFCU and USAA. i app'ed for NFCU visa sig . they approved 2K CL. auto loan approved for 30k 4.9 APR. Then i turn around app'ed for USA platium. approved 2 K, cash approved 4K , auto loan 40K 4.9 APR. today app'ed for NFCU cash Approved 1K ??? , but approved for USAA Amex 10K. its hard to say,i love both of them,but i feel USAA like me better !! and customer service are nice. i just closed NFCU and keep USAA

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 6 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

YMMV so in your case it isn't true.

IMO, I think NFCU is easier to get credit with.

Message 7 of 11
hausfrau
New Contributor

IMO, NFCU hands out credit like that kid in all of our DARE movies in elementary school tried to hand out freebies of dope.

Starting my rebuild!

Message 8 of 11
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@TrishN wrote:

not true.

i have both NFCU and USAA. i app'ed for NFCU visa sig . they approved 2K CL. auto loan approved for 30k 4.9 APR. Then i turn around app'ed for USA platium. approved 2 K, cash approved 4K , auto loan 40K 4.9 APR. today app'ed for NFCU cash Approved 1K ??? , but approved for USAA Amex 10K. its hard to say,i love both of them,but i feel USAA like me better !! and customer service are nice. i just closed NFCU and keep USAA

I think you are the exception more than the rule. Looking at the various Sigs on this site it's rare to find an NFCU card with a lower CL than a USAA card (If the APps were semi close together) and as for CLI's it's not even close.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 9 of 11
bk510
Valued Contributor

i have an uncle whos retired from air force, and so i called bout it and lady said my uncle would not count bcz hes not my direct family member and so i said ok....and hung up the phone. i wonder how true this is.

and she kind a sounded somewhat young....i dono

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.