Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An apparent LVNV success

tag
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: An apparent LVNV success

@Anonymous wrote:

Glad to heart you succeeded. I am beginning the process as well. Sometime in January i think, a TL from LVNV showed up on my CRs with a opening date of 09/11 for an account that is clearly out of SOL and is due to fall off this fall. The amount reported is quite inflated as well. Anyway, I just filed a complaint with the BBB yesterday and hope my story ends as well as yours did. This year, I should have at least five old baddies fall off my reports and I am paying down my UTL to get a nice jump in my score(hopefully).  I was so disappointed to see that pop up when it is so close to falling off. So my question is, if the debt itself is more than seven years old, but the JDB list it as opening more recently, will it stay on for seven more years?? that seems like illegal re-aging to me, or am I not getting that correct?

That 9/11 date is probably when they took over the debt. No matter what, your DOFD (and therefore CRTP) is set in stone. It doesn't change so don't worry.

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is an email i received this morning from the BBB. I will update when I get another response about it.  Basically the same complaint, no dunning, no anything, just popped up on my CRs.

This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 3/14/2012 12:00:00 AM against LVNV FUNDING, LLC.  Your complaint was assigned ID xxxxxxxx.

Your complaint has been sent to the business for their response.  The business has 28 days to respond. Once they have responded to the BBB, we will contact you again.  In the meantime, if you have further dealings directly with the business, please send us a message to inform us.

Message 12 of 29
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

See my post on the other thread with the response I got to this complaint

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got word back from BB on LVNV and success indeed.  The TL will be deleted from all three CR's!! I don't know if that will boost my score a bit because they do show a balance on the account, which in their reply has been changed to 0 now.  YAY for the BB!!!

Message 14 of 29
knk112
Established Member

Can somebody please PM me with the complaint you used for the BBB?

thanks

582,583,633 TU
FICO 670 3/2014
Message 15 of 29
mompreneur1
New Contributor

Congrats to you rckstrscott! I LOVE hearing success stories. I hope my run in with LVNV turns out as great as yours!

LVNV showed up on my CR for an old account with expired SOL. I have never recieved a DN from them, either. Quite frankly, I am unsure if this is actually my account or not. I did have an account with WF (the OC), however, the amount reported is signifcantly different (over $1k ). Because I am whipping my credit in shape to apply for a mortgage, I have been trying to PFD this company but haven't had much success yet. If someone can PM an example of their complaint to BBB I'd appreciate it SO much!

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I basically put in the facts. Never received DN, and TL showed up in Jan 2012 on my CRs. just the facts ma'am.  I googled and filed the complaint online. very simple really.

Message 17 of 29
mompreneur1
New Contributor

Just the facts--got it! Thanks.Heart

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOOD LUCK!!

Message 19 of 29
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Just did a bbb complaint on them on a paid collection. didn't even try the pfd with them since it seems like a instant no. Never received a duning notice from them so I just want this off my report. we will see what happens in a few weeks.
NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.