Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And Good News From My Rebuild & Application Spree

tag
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

And Good News From My Rebuild & Application Spree

In August of last year, my credit was just terrible. I couldn't even get a Capital One secured card. I started my journey to repair my horrible credit in September of 2012. Today my credit is 720. I was going to wait 6 months before I applied for anything, but impatient me couldn't wait. Here are the results of tonights spree:

Chase Freedom - Approved (3K limit)

Walmart Discover - Approved (1100 limit)

Chevron/Texaco Visa Card - Approved (unknown limit)

Citi Forward - Denied (probably from too many apps or low aaoa)

Barclaycard - Denied (who knows why? Maybe too many apps too)

Holy mackeral - the Chase Freedom is my first decent limit card ever in my entire lifetime. Feels great to know I am back in the game. I'm not gloating, I'm simply happy!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Goal850
Regular Contributor

Re: And Good News From My Rebuild & Application Spree

Congrats, I can't wait until my reports are clean and I can feel good about my credit like you! Awesome progress!

Message 2 of 7
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I am hoping that in about 6 months I will have a similar story to tell here.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 3 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  

I did go on app spree with 2 cards and 8,5K (AAofA 19yrs / 3% util)  to 6 cards and 26,5K in November but today CK is sending me to hell with "Free Fall" with only 2 new cards reporting yet....I am now really curious what Fico will do with me ??? and what the final result will be if all new cards are reporting ??? Still the same low util but AAoA has dropped. So now very exited to get the results from EQ as TU through CK is heavily punishing me for this app spree... lost over 50 point for AX reporting! Discover and Chase still missing. This will be a lot of fun Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Great job Johnny!  And those are some nice cards BTW.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 7
changeisvital
Valued Member

Thank you for sharing your journey! I am hoping to be in this type of credit situation in 6-9 months from now. I really want to buy a house more than anything. Like you I also want some decent credit cards as well.

Starting Score: 495 (12/2012)
Current Score: 520 (01-06-2013)
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats! I plan on apping for a Chase card in July. I was also denied by Citi and Barclay for not enough credit history.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.