Not applicable

Re: Another 2020 rebuild thread

Good luck on your rebuild!

Message 11 of 40
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

Good news:

My scores have been rising steadily as I've been paying down my last remaining collection (won't PFD) and my Wells Fargo CO. 

I've been using my two tradelines responsibly, making all of my payments on time, never late. 

I'm currently in month 4 of my student loan rehab process. 

Perplexing news:

My percentage of on time payments keeps getting worse. I can't figure out why this is the case. Anyone have any illuminating insight?

I'm going to be added to an old CC with a large limit and spotless payment history next month, so that should help, but I still think it's weird my payment history is getting worse as I'm making all of my payments. 

Message 12 of 40
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

I had been checking the Capital One upgrade link every night, but always received the "Upgrade Not Available" message. I was finally able to product change my CO Platinum to a QS last night! 

It feels like reaching a bit of an intermediate milestone, now that I'll have a card that actually earns rewards. 

As far as DP's are concerned:

-Upgrade 3 months and 11 days from activation 

-FICO's in the upper 500's 

-Got a CLI of $100 2 months post activation

-run ~$600 of spend through the card every month (CL $400), leave $10 to report before I PIF. 

Message 13 of 40
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ Congratulations on your product upgrade!
Message 14 of 40
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Baby steps for now. It will get better soon.

Message 15 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the product change. I just PCd my platinum to a regular QS. I finally have a nonrebuilder card. I have been working on my credit for two years and finally have a clean report on experian and a small medical collection on the other two that will come off once its paid next week. Thats also awesome you got conserv to delete. They were a huge PITA for me. Took me 3 years to get them to delete. 

You might be able to do goodwill letters to wells Fargo after its paid off for a deletion too. 

Congrats on the wins and growth!

Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Did you PIF for IC Systems to delete? Any tips on how to get an old collection removed?

Message 17 of 40
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Did you PIF for IC Systems to delete? Any tips on how to get an old collection removed?

If its a paid collection you need to request a goodwill deletion of it from the reporting entity.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 18 of 40
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

@Anonymous I did not PIF. I just sent them a debt validation letter and they couldn't verify the debt, so they removed it from from credit report. I think they said something about "not being able to complete the request" in some amount of time. 

Debt validation letters have gotten two collections removed for me. My last collection and chargeoff I'm currently paying off in the hopes of succeeding with a goodwill letter campaign. 

Message 19 of 40
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

Quick update,

I was approved for the Discover It Secured card. Feels good to have another rewards card and 3 revolvers. My student loans will be rehabbed in a couple of months and I should be able to have my Wells Fargo charge off paid in full by the time they get picked up by my new servicer.

I'm hoping that my Discover secured card graduates in a decent amount of time and I get that sweet CLI. Does anyone know how soon I can change rewards programs from the Chrome to the Cashback with 5% rotating categories? I've seen some people say you can do it immediately and others say you have to wait until after your first statement.

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.