Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Capital One Charge-off Story **first post, please read

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Another Capital One Charge-off Story **first post, please read

I would repost this in the rebuilding forum. This board is more for folks with current cards and for discussing new cards and how to garden it all.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 5
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

I have been trying to fight my Cap one charge of since 2010.. It wont come off and they will not budge. Unfortunately you might have to wait the 7 yr mark for it to fall off.. On the brightside you can still obtain credit as long as you get a secured card for around 7-8 months. It takes time my friend!

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 3 of 5
djrez4
Established Contributor

I've only seen one success story with Capital One: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/263423-friend-that-has-had-luck-with-captial-one/

I tried sending that letter (slightly modified) yesterday via fax.  If that doesn't work, I'll send it again CMRR.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My post moved sections, so here is a shameless bump..Anyone have any info on my TU issue? 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.