Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Card?

I started rebuilding my credit about six months ago by getting a usaa secured card, then two weeks ago I was approved for a Credit One and Capital One card both non-secured! Needless to say I was super pumped getting a "Real" credit card. Before I start gardening should I add a nfcu secured card just to have another card on my report or will the three I have be just fine? Thanks for any advice
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Another Card?

I would not be getting any more secured cards since you are being approved for non-secured cards. You only need 3 to drive your Fico. I would work with these for at least the next 6 months before moving on more, by that time you will have 1 yr under your belt and you are liable to get a good limit from Navy.
Message 2 of 5
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

If your Credit One has an annual fee or no grace period I would open a Discover Secured and get rid of Credit One.  If you are already a member of Navy Fed then I would apply with them after your Cap One is six months old.

To the best of my knowledge Navy Secured cards don't graduate to unsecured, Discover does.  

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 3 of 5
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

NFCU secured card does graduate.

As the previous poster stated, if the Credit One card has an annual fee, get rid of it.

Also make sure you have some type of installment loan reporting to maximize your score.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thanks for the advice 😀
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.