Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another ERC post

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another ERC post

Hey group!

I know there are lots of ERC posts floating around, but I wanted to share one about my personal experience this morning. After reading all the posts about how they don't PFD, I decided to call and discuss my $1299 AT&T account they have. Spoke to a really nice gentleman and we discussed how if I settled for $701, they would mark the account as paid in full. It was on a recorded line and he said to call back Tuesday after the payment hit Monday to receive my paid in full letter. They send it via email in addition to snail mail.
While it's not as good as a PFD, I'm excited! This hopefully gives me the opportunity to send GW letters with the saturation technique to someday have it removed. Even if that doesn't work, being paid will always be better.

For the record as I have said before I am on a tight income due to being in school, so I'm proud I could save an additional $700 for this. Also the SOL being 10 years, I wanted to just rectify this asap with any means possible. (For anyone wondering why I didn't pay the full amount, which was exorbitant thanks to added fees after the fact)
That all being said I'm so grateful for this group! After this I only have two unpaid collections that total $300, so I will be tackling those soon!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another ERC post

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey group!

I know there are lots of ERC posts floating around, but I wanted to share one about my personal experience this morning. After reading all the posts about how they don't PFD, I decided to call and discuss my $1299 AT&T account they have. Spoke to a really nice gentleman and we discussed how if I settled for $701, they would mark the account as paid in full. It was on a recorded line and he said to call back Tuesday after the payment hit Monday to receive my paid in full letter. They send it via email in addition to snail mail.
While it's not as good as a PFD, I'm excited! This hopefully gives me the opportunity to send GW letters with the saturation technique to someday have it removed. Even if that doesn't work, being paid will always be better.

For the record as I have said before I am on a tight income due to being in school, so I'm proud I could save an additional $700 for this. Also the SOL being 10 years, I wanted to just rectify this asap with any means possible. (For anyone wondering why I didn't pay the full amount, which was exorbitant thanks to added fees after the fact)
That all being said I'm so grateful for this group! After this I only have two unpaid collections that total $300, so I will be tackling those soon!

Congrats on being able to get the account resolved.  Sometimes the funds are just not there to be able to PIF, but the fact that you where able to get that concession from them is a great accomplishment.  Keep up the good work.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.