cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another collection successfully removed!

tag
ORllyNao
Regular Contributor

Another collection successfully removed!

Just when I'm ready to throw in the towel out of frustration, another collection has been removed from my TU report for a collection agency claiming I owed Progressive Insurance $225 from 2014. I've had Geico for at least 5 years now, and have never had a Progressive policy for as far back as I can remember. 

This is why keeping an eye on credit is so important. A few years ago, I may never have even known that was on my report. I just accepted the fact that I had awful credit and didn't really bother looking at what was showing up. Burying my head in the sand wasn't doing me any favors, though, so I'm really glad I'm making baby-step progress! 

FICO 8 | March 2023
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another collection successfully removed!

That is awesome! Time for a happy dance! I celebrated every negative item that fell off my reports. It is such a good feeling! Congrats!

Message 2 of 3
ORllyNao
Regular Contributor

Re: Another collection successfully removed!

Thank you! I am definitely celebrating every single victory right now! 

The removal boosted my TU score on CK 10pts, so I'm curious to see what it did for my actual score. My actual FICO is usually about 6 or 7 points higher than CK, so we'll see. I now only have two small medical collections on TU for around $90 each (along with the big baddies - COs from Fingerhut and FirstPREMIER. UGH). Progress is progress, though! Smiley Happy

FICO 8 | March 2023
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.