Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another question...

k question... If i have a credit card that says in the comments ont he account screen that it is a paid charge off and when i go to details all it has there is all the lates and the dates of those and on the bottem left it says paid charge off would it be better to send something asking them to delete it off my report cause i paid it or would it be better to ask them to remove late payments.  My problem is I have nothing current that is positive on my credit reports except for 1 trade line that is an installment loan on my transunion credit report and that company wont report to all 2 i tried!

I used to have a car loan with ford motor credit had some lates has since been paid off but i dont have the account nr and the credit reports only show the last few nrs... what should i do if I want to get some of the lates off should i include my social in the goodwill letter or...?

Message Edited by dvds on 06-27-2008 09:57 PM

Message Edited by dvds on 06-27-2008 09:58 PM

Message Edited by dvds on 06-27-2008 09:58 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another question...

I can't remember for the life of me which one does, but at least one of the CRAs actually list the entire account #.

Did you pull the CRs directly from their "official" sites or did you pull your FICOs here and saw the reports that way?

If even pulling the CRs from the sites doesn't provide you with the account number(s) you need, try calling their customer service and see if they can give you the numbers (you'll have to verify your identity, I'm sure, though).

How old is the loan? Banks are required, by law, to keep records for 7 years. If you loan originated or was paid off in that time-frame, they should still have you on file.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is i am deaf have never used one of those specialty phone am not home enough to do anything only home between the hours of 9pm and 6am MST 3 or 4 times a wk and usually have my daughter make all my phone calls for me... I pulled the fico scores should i try the actual credit bureau websites?  Can I do any of this online?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!! You can!! Smiley Happy

You can even file disputes online ... though I've been told oodles of times that if you do so, they can add an extra 15 days to the investigation duration.

Anywho, you can go to TrueCredit.com or FreeCreditReport.com ... if you've not obtained your CRs free in the past year, you can pull them TODAY for free (it's a Federal law that you can)!!

And please remember to save or print a copy ... sometimes, CAs can be tricky and re-age accounts (so they don't fall off your CRs when they're supposed to).

If you really, really, really, want to clean up your credit, pulling your "real" credit reports is the best way to do it. You'll not only see who's reporting you, but also the account numbers and contact info!!

Best, best of luck!! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Hiya dvds!

You can get your CRs free once a year also from annualcreditreport.com.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain from writing Good Will letters to your creditors asking them to remove the lates. It can, and definitely does happen. I was even able to get lates removed from my student loans by writing GW letters, which apparently never happens.

If they respond and say no, write another letter. Keep writing and writing and writing every time, and hopefully a sympathetic employee will remove them.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.