Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer from GW...Help!

tag
mbass18
Established Member

Answer from GW...Help!

So, I'm gonna try and make this short and sweet:  I graduated from college in Dec 06, and my college loans were deferred for six months.  When time came to pay back the loans, the loan company sent all my bills in info to the wrong address.  (Needless to say I didn't think about having to pay them back or even think it was time to.)

Anyways, a couple of my loans went past due for 60 days last year.  Once I found out about it I immediately paid up what I owed and set myself up for automatic draft each month (for more than the minimum amount). 

So, I decided to write a GW letter stating the problem and ask them to remove the past due dates since I have paid MORE than the mim each month and have done so for almost a year.  They replied back in 5 days and this is what they said:

"We could not change the rating we reported for the months of 08/07 and 09/07, since your loans were past due at that time.  Since we could not change the ratings, you may elect to file a consumer credit statement with Equifax explaining the delinquency on your loans."

So this is where I find myslef now.   I thought that it was up to the company to change the status of an account?  Will it do me any good to send Equifax this info? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Answer from GW...Help!

It is up to the company to change it..but they basically are saying that they are not...all they want you to do it put a statement on your report explaining the circumstances...basically they don't care...about the sadness in the GW...so they want you to tell you story to someone else...maybe a creditor when they pull your reports...SORRY!!!...you can always keep trying....
Message 2 of 7
mbass18
Established Member

Oh well...I guess I could just keep trying with the GW.  Blah, but thanks!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student loans are hard. I couldn't get mine off either. I was able to get the 90 day off because it was a mistake on their end.
Message 4 of 7
mbass18
Established Member

Yeah, they are nice, but not willing to work with me at all.  I thought that I could get them to help me out since they were sending my bills to a completely different address -- one that I never even had on file.  But oh well, guess I'll just write them another letter and keep sending them...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds like it is their fault for sure. I would keep sending the letter. Do you have any proof where you were living at the time like utility bill? To point out that you were definitely not living in the place they were sending the bills?
Message 6 of 7
mbass18
Established Member

Actually, I do -- I didn't think of that!  I have a couple of electricity bills that I could use, and I also have a letter written for me from my Landlord for proof of residence while I was at that address.   So, would it be legit to make a copy of the letter and one utility bill and send with another GW letter?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.