Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any GW from AT&T?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any GW from AT&T?

Hello, I recently started my credit rebuiulding journy. Prior to joining this site and learning about PFD, I paid a CA (west asset) the amount I owed from an ATT account I had (I honestly did not know I owed them until I saw the info on my credit report. I contacted the CA and paid the $70 thinking that it would be removed from my report (I know, dumb move) they did mark it as paid but that didn't seem to make my score budge. I tried to contact the CA (I know waste of time, hey I'm learning!) no help, I tried to call ATT but they were a waste of time as well. It was a measly $70 that got lost in the shuffle, I paid it. Give me a break (especially since I'm an ATT wireless customer). Anyone out there dealt with ATT in an attempt to remove a collection from their report?  Thanks for any info!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any GW from AT&T?

Because you paid without a PFD  you can only send GW letters to the CA.  Do you know when you last paid on the account as CRTP is approx 7 years from DOFD........the date that you paid the CA doesn't matter.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a recent account, less than a year old. Guess I'm s.o.l.. Least now I have the resources of this site and I will not make mistakes like thias again. Thanks for your reply. I'm going to try to uncover some contact info for some ATT higher ups and see if I can get something done. I'm not giving up yet.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to PM you with a name to ask for at AT&T ... she deals with the small biz collections side of the street, but she's WONDERFUL and might be able to sweet-talk someone on the residential side to help you.

Honestly, she's the sweetest person I think I've ever had to deal with ANYWHERE.

'Kay?
Message 4 of 5
NikJ4
Established Contributor

ok could I get some help with the AT&T situation also please? They are sitting paid in full but I need them to be gone.
Thanks in advance,
NikJ
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.