cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Luck with recent Macy's Goodwill adjustments?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Luck with recent Macy's Goodwill adjustments?

I'm starting the process of impoving my credit so my husband and I can purchase a home in 2018. Has any one had any luck recently with Macy's Goodwill adjustments?

I have two 30 day late payment (totally my fault) from 12/2014 and 5/2015. Any advice would be helpful. I've created a goodwill letter, has anyone had any luck with this method lately.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Luck with recent Macy's Goodwill adjustments?

Just called the Macy's backdoor number 800-627-2909 that many have used to get late payments removed and was DENIED.. I'm going to send out my GW letters today and call back next week... not giving up!!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife has. 30,60, and 90 day late from Macy's from 2014 when we. Over and never received the statement. She had a zero balance and made a $60 charge and forgot about it and never got the bill. We have called numerous times even filing a complaint with the cfpb and they will not budge.

I'll tel you this. We took her from high 500's and low 600's in feb of this year to right now mid 700's and just closed on our house 2 weeks ago. Most of her score problems were due to medical collections we didn't even realize existed.

Read these forums and you can make the changes. It just takes a lot of work. But it's totally worth it. And yes. We raised her score as much as 150 points in 6 months. I think she went from 592 to 744 on tu.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. Typing on phone and misspelled. *we moved*

Scores weren't a typo though.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new home!!! Thanks for the encouragement. I opened up an account with CreditCheckTotal on 9/23 my Experian score was 533... as of today it is 571. Hoping I can reach the 600s in the next few months. Here are my baddies.

• Cap One $475 Balance/ $500 limit (2 lates in 2015)
  • Comenity Bank $2818 Balance/$3130 limit (2 Lates in 2015)
  • Macy's $2379 Balance/$2400 limit (1 Late in 2014, 2 Lates in 2015)
  • Synchrony Bank Care Credit $3363/$4100 (1 Late in 2014, 2 Lates in 2015)
  • Synchrony Bank Pc Richards $2949/$3500 (GW was successful, 2 lates removed from 2015)
  • 1 Paid $60 Medical Collection due to fall off 1/2017

My balances are high!! I'm working on paying those down and using the saturation method to remove the lates.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.