Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Possible ways to boom up my Score to 800

tag
Mythreya

Any Possible ways to boom up my Score to 800

Hello Friends

I Have a secured Credit card from BOFA 500L from 5 months and my trans Unions Credit Score From Credit karma is 672 i would like to build my Score up to 760-800 and then apply for good credit cards with good Limit. 

I have never paid off my credit card in full but paid Minimum payment + more every month.

My Question is. Is it possible to ramp up my score from 672 to 760-800 with secured credit card if i pay in full? is it good to pay in Full ?

Mythreya
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any Possible ways to boom up my Score to 800

A)a credit score from Credit Karma is useless, like giving a cow a driver's license. 

B)if you have been letting a big balance post, like say, 80-90-100% of your credit limit, then paying it down and letting only a small balance report could give you a big boost. Hard to say how much exactly.

C)5 months of on-time pymts is great, but a year of on-time pymts is better and will do wonders for your score.

Message 2 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@RTOrockstar wrote:

A)a credit score from Credit Karma is useless, like giving a cow a driver's license. 

B)if you have been letting a big balance post, like say, 80-90-100% of your credit limit, then paying it down and letting only a small balance report could give you a big boost. Hard to say how much exactly.

C)5 months of on-time pymts is great, but a year of on-time pymts is better and will do wonders for your score.

OK, that one made me laugh, but I completely agree with it.

It would depend on what's already on your CR.  Do you have any baddies?  If not, then just time and gardening will get you there.  An 800+ score takes years to build.  But that's not what you need to get good credit.  That's what you get when you have good credit.  Just get what you need, pay it on time and let it grow.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 6
Mythreya

Thanks a lot guys. But i have one more question for shotgun. When should i apply for credit card? After 5 months ?

And i have one problem. 1) experian & equifax dont have my account with them, i called them and they told me talk to my bank and ask them to report my history . Which i did

Recently i've applied for Tmobile and they have rejected to finance me as they have pulled Equifax score and it said i have no history

What should i do ?
Mythreya
Message 4 of 6
mauve
Valued Contributor

ETA somehow my original reply went missing and the quoted part remained. The first time I read this reply, it looked like RTO was suggesting spiking your utilization and then paying it down, which I don't recommend. RTO didn't actually say that. I personally find that for every 10% of utilization

@RTOrockstar wrote:

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I'll add to Shogun's thoughts.

Low inquiries and having a good credit mix along with just time/patience will get you there.

It won't happen the first year so don't get your hopes up. One of the best things you can do is let a very small balance (1-9%) report every month.

If you go around PIF all the time FICO doesn't see you using your credit and won't give you the best score. If any.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.