cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experience with Capio Collections and/or Avante Collectiom Agencies?

tag
Goodcreditsesame
Valued Member

Any experience with Capio Collections and/or Avante Collectiom Agencies?

Hello, in June 2014 I was pregnant. I went into the emergency room thinking that I was in preterm labor. I had my primary insurance and also had Medicaid as a secondary insurance just for the pregnancy. I assumed that I had Medicaid up to three months before my application date but found out that I did not have it at the time of service. Anyway, I went in and was left with a $300 co-pay.

So, I never paid it and that was that. This was June 2014. So, I start to apply for a mortgage and what do you know? There is now a collection agency on my credit for this medical bill. The collection agency that is listed is Avante collection agency. I called the hospital to get information and they were not even able to find information with the normal system. They had to use a Research system. What they did find was that I was not covered under the Medicaid and that that $300 was my emergency room co-pay. Even if I was under Medicaid, they cannot help me since the debt is over one year. When I spoke with the representative at the hospital she told me that Capio was the collection agency that they sold the The debt. That is not what is listed on my credit report. So, I am assuming that this is now a junk debt? How would you advise I go about this? Obviously, this has caused my scores to drop the 14 points across the board; Exactly what I needed to qualify for my mortgage as I am in a cleanup process with two other collections. What should I do? Any experience with these collection agencies? Thank you very much.

FYI, the debt is reporting that the date of last delinquency is October 2017 which is a lie.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any experience with Capio Collections and/or Avante Collectiom Agencies?

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.