Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any feedback on my Ballys GW letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any feedback on my Ballys GW letter?

I am currently a member in good standing with Bally’s and had a membership from 1990 – 2001 as well that was paid on time and in full as well making me a customer in good standing for almost 20 years:

LAST 4 PAYMENTS FOR CURRENT MEMBERSHIP SINCE 9/08                                                                     1990 ACCOUNT SUMMARY FROM CREDIT REPORT

After consulting my credit reports last year I found two other items from Bally’s.  I was a member in the early part of the decade, and had to move back to NY for my father who was seriously ill and moved and forth from NY to SF for while helping to care for him.  As far as I remember, I took care of the paperwork before leaving and then while here, however given the emotional and financial and time burdens at the time and how many things fell through the cracks, I truly don’t remember how things were left.

I had asked for document verification from Bally at the address(es) provided on my Credit Report via registered mail last March and my requests were ignored (though by FCRA they were required to provide that information on any reported ‘debt’ within 30 days of my request or remove the item if they could/did not).   

My lawyer subsequently contacted both your credit departments and legal departments from July through October asking for confirmation/documentation and even offering to pay, and he was ignored as well.

As I have not had any replies from your standard sources, I am approaching you directly with the same good-faith request;   if these debts you list are in fact valid, they are not reflective of my past or current relationship with you, and  I am offering to pay the amounts listed in full and if you will in turn please stop reporting to the credit-agencies (or instruct your people to not reply to any dispute).  If they are not valid or documented, I would appreciate them being removed ASAP as they are damaging my credit and it would in fact be in violation of the FRCA as well.

If these are in fact documented/valid debts, please let me know if you are amenable to my paying the reported debt in full (I won’t even bother with requesting documentation/substantiation) in return for a written guarantee to remove the debt from my reports within 10 days of receipt of the payment.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.