cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck reopening accounts after paying charge-offs?

tag
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

Any luck reopening accounts after paying charge-offs?

Has anyone had any luck at reopening either a store or bank CC after paying a charge-off?

I have a handful of CCs that have been paid charge-offs and was wondering the possiblity of reopening these accounts with positive tradelines.

If anyone has had any luck with doing this, please share, and with who.

I'm trying to establish some type of credit, but have not been successful.

Thanks

v/r
James

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any luck reopening accounts after paying charge-offs?

We tried with one my mom's cards and they said they would have to pull a new cr (this was victoria's secret) her cr still was/is crappy so we didn't do it.
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The only ones I recall reading about are Amex and CapOne, where both allow you to make payments all the while establish a new account with them.

I had a Zales CO from 1998 and paid it off fairly quickly. In 2002 I had pulled my report and found that Zales was reported as open (as it still is today), paid as agreed, no CO mention, and no lates. Perfectly good acct. So I went back to them and asked if I could re-open and they said no. I'd have to apply for a new acct.
Message 3 of 5
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Bump!

Anyone else had experience with this? I'm trying to do it for my father. His accounts are fairly new though. 2 cc which were closed within the last 6 months.

Message Edited by wahmom on 06-26-2008 03:55 PM
Message 4 of 5
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

I tried with Sears and they said sorry, no.  I also tried with World Financial (LTD 2) and she tried but it wouldn't let her reactivate.  She did however leave the account listed as open since it is such an old account.  The age of the account is doing me more good than the old lates are.  (Over 2 years) She told me to call back in a few months and try again. 

Message Edited by southernficoaddict on 06-26-2008 04:20 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.