cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any member of Navy Fed CU want to Adopt me?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Any member of Navy Fed CU want to Adopt me?

I actually tried to join Army. Took the test (99 percentile) but failed the physical. I have bad hearing. It sometimes irks me the benefits vets can't that I can't. I tried to join, they just didn't want me Smiley Sad

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 36
westo12
Established Contributor

I just discovered a NFCU ATM machine at the Walgreen's a couple blocks from my home today!  Doesn't that qualify me as able to join, since there is an ATM in my neighborhood?? Smiley Happy

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 12 of 36
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@westo12 wrote:

I just discovered a NFCU ATM machine at the Walgreen's a couple blocks from my home today!  Doesn't that qualify me as able to join, since there is an ATM in my neighborhood?? Smiley Happy

There are NFCU branches all over the place.  It is the largest credit union in the United States.  All more the reason that if someone wanted it bad enough, they could find someone to live with for 6 months.  If the real goal is a high-limit credit card, it would take at least 6 months to get your FICO to a level that they would approve anyway.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 13 of 36
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I called them tonight. They said there was no requirement for a certain length of time for the roommate to live with ya to be eligible. They need to show proof of residency such as drivers license, energy bill, phone bill etc with your address on it.

Message 14 of 36
westo12
Established Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

@westo12 wrote:

There are NFCU branches all over the place.  It is the largest credit union in the United States.  All more the reason that if someone wanted it bad enough, they could find someone to live with for 6 months.  If the real goal is a high-limit credit card, it would take at least 6 months to get your FICO to a level that they would approve anyway.

I didn't say branch, I said ATM.  There is not one anywhere near where I live. And no one said anything about a credit card.  Does anyone read anymore?

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 15 of 36
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
I called them tonight. They said there was no requirement for a certain length of time for the roommate to live with ya to be eligible. They need to show proof of residency such as drivers license, energy bill, phone bill etc with your address on it.

Awesome.  So it is nearly immediate (my first assumption).  Did you call your buddy?  Is he a member already?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 16 of 36
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I joined over a year ago, but in my case I was adopted by NFCU. They bought out my CU. Keep an eye on their news section and also the NCUA's website. Seems like there's also a publication like CU Times, maybe? Anyway, keep an eye out and maybe they'll take over another CU again one day.

Side note, and OT, but I got a call from NFCU last month. They wanted me to meet with them to discuss my experiences with a particular branch and provide them my feedback as a customer. They paid me $100 last week to sit with other folks in a focus group and discussed everything from customer service, lighting at the branch, ATM usage, location, branch management, etc. NFCU is #1 because banks like BofA would never ever never host a focus group to talk about your banking experiences with them.

Message 17 of 36
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@westo12 wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

@westo12 wrote:

I didn't say branch, I said ATM.  There is not one anywhere near where I live. And no one said anything about a credit card.  Does anyone read anymore?

Dave brought up a good point though....most people on here join for their high limit CCs or loan products. And you don't need a branch to join. You can make deposits from home [or the ATM].

Message 18 of 36
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

Awesome.  So it is nearly immediate (my first assumption).  Did you call your buddy?  Is he a member already?

I already put in the text Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 36
2NE1
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

Awesome news! I was wondering what I needed to do! I found out last week that my aunt is a member thru her husband. Guess I gotta get my cell phone statements be sent to her address. 

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.