cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any recent GW luck with Toyota Financial Services?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any recent GW luck with Toyota Financial Services?

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, first time posting here! My name is Randy and I'm looking to rebuild my credit. I got a copy of my credit reports and I saw I had a late payment (12/2017) with Toyota Financial Services. Has anyone had any recent luck with a successful GW letter? I've sent several letters but have gotten the same "we cannot remove the late payment" mail. I've sent out the following letter to this address with no luck so far:

Toyota Financial Services

Credit Dispute Research Team

P.O. Box 9786

Cedar Rapids, IA 52409

Toyota Financial Services (Toyota Motor Credit Corp.)

TFS Account: #********

To Whom It May Concern:

I hope this message finds you well, and thank you for the excellent service you have provided me over the last few years! I bought my new Toyota Corolla in April 2015 and couldn’t be happier with my decision. I hope to request to have my account information amended with regards to a late payment occurring in November of 2017.

At the time, my employer changed their payment structure, and due to this shift, I didn’t realize I had missed a payment. During that particular period, I paid $546 (twice my monthly minimum) the month prior (October) and after (December) the reflected 30-day late payment. I understand my obligations with Toyota and have diligently worked to amend my mistake and have never been late otherwise.

Since then I believe I have learned essential financial management principles. Thankfully, responsible credit management is now reflected in my credit records which, excluding the Toyota 30-day late payment, is great.

My family has stuck to Toyota and Lexus vehicles over the past few decades due to their style, reliability, and great engineering. My father's 1997 Corolla is about to approach 300k miles, and I plan to gift him my 2015 Corolla. Afterwards, I plan to finance TRD 4Runner, as my next Toyota vehicle.

Since the late payment of record do not reflect my current status with Toyota, I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising the late payment. I sincerely hope Toyota Financial Services believes in their customers, and I humbly request your consideration. I appreciate your time and look forward to receiving a favorable decision from you department soon.

Thanks in advance,

If anyone can provide some insight or GW critque, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

Randy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any recent GW luck with Toyota Financial Services?

Welcome to the board and that is a great letter.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I've sent out several of these letters (even to the CEO) with no luck. Does anyone have any advice?

Message 3 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums!

The only advice I can give is to continually keep sending them. Sooner or later, it'll land on someone's desk that might make the change. One thing I would advise is to seem more apologetic (as in, the situation wasn't in your control, something that makes the reader sympathize with you).

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 8
WD2005
Contributor

I have one 30 day late from April of 2012 from a loan that closed that June. The other history is perfect. I asked them for a goodwill and they turned me down. At this rate I'll just wait it out. Should drop off this April.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WD2005 wrote:

I have one 30 day late from April of 2012 from a loan that closed that June. The other history is perfect. I asked them for a goodwill and they turned me down. At this rate I'll just wait it out. Should drop off this April.

Hi WD2005,

Happy New Year! Did they give you a specfic reason when they turned you down? I keep getting the generic, it's the law to accurately report to CRA's lingo. 

Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
WD2005
Contributor

I sent a letter in the mail and they responded with something that more or less said "We don't do that. We only report accurately". It was discouraging because I've read other places that they'll do a one time no questions asked removal for a single late. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WD2005 wrote:

I sent a letter in the mail and they responded with something that more or less said "We don't do that. We only report accurately". It was discouraging because I've read other places that they'll do a one time no questions asked removal for a single late. 

@WD2005

I ultimately kept receiving the same responses, but it looks like TFS removed the deliquency from my TU and EX reports as of 1/15/2019.. My last goodwill letter (using the same info), was sent 1/2/2019... I'll circle back closer to the end of the month and see if it was removed on my EQ too. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.