Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any recent experience with PFD at Amex Internal Charge Off

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Any recent experience with PFD at Amex Internal Charge Off

First, I have been trying to sort out exactly "where" this account even is.  It shows up on my Amex online dashboard with a 1000 balance, as a closed account.  Amount due: 1000, today.

Calling Amex, they say they dont have it, it's with a CA.  This can't be true because I made a token payment and it was applied to the balance immediately.

The real issue is I want to attempt a PFD, but am not sure who to contact.  I have not had a paper bill in months.  I don't want to just pay it prior to getting a PFD agreement ... but with whom?  Any help?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Any recent experience with PFD at Amex Internal Charge Off

Amex uses their own internal collections, so your account is still with them, only different department.  

I've never heard of them deleting anything. 

Message 2 of 14
sjt
Senior Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

First, I have been trying to sort out exactly "where" this account even is.  It shows up on my Amex online dashboard with a 1000 balance, as a closed account.  Amount due: 1000, today.

Calling Amex, they say they dont have it, it's with a CA.  This can't be true because I made a token payment and it was applied to the balance immediately.

The real issue is I want to attempt a PFD, but am not sure who to contact.  I have not had a paper bill in months.  I don't want to just pay it prior to getting a PFD agreement ... but with whom?  Any help?

Amex will NOT PDF, like many other banks. 

Chances are they are reporting monthly, which suppresses your score. Once you pay them and your reports update you should get a nice bump. Also, you should ask for the Optima card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 14
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

1) Probably missed the boat on Optima offer for this one.  See below:

2) The crux of the problem...NONE of the 6, yes SIX numbers I called to speak with were able to administer this account.  That includes the collection group that usually offers the Optima plan.  Not sure what the name of that group is  ... but they said it was not with them....

It's as if this card is in a purgatory that can not be reached (Except the weird aspect that I can see it online and could make a payent against it if I choose).  

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 4 of 14
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

When did you default?

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 5 of 14
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Don't have the accurate data in front of me but probably late 2017 or early 2018.  A test payment was made very recently by me on line.

050719:     
021924:     

Message 6 of 14
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

Don't have the accurate data in front of me but probably late 2017 or early 2018.  A test payment was made very recently by me on line.

That’s really weird they lost your account in the air even though its barely a year old.

Goals:

Message 7 of 14
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

It's as if they sent it to another CA, and took it back, but they couldn't tell me if that happened, and I was never contacted by another CA, and as far as I know, I have always been able to send an online payment.

050719:     
021924:     

Message 8 of 14
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

I would call let them know your willingness to pay but you have no one to give your money to.

Goals:

Message 9 of 14
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

I did. 6 times.

050719:     
021924:     

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.