Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get these removed?

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Any way to get these removed?

I have 4 closed student loan accounts on my credit report. I believe they were transferred a couple of times, and I finally paid them off when they garnished my wages. I still have on open student loan that I'm currently paying (100% on time), but I don't know if these other closed accounts are having a negative effect on my credit. They do contain late payments from many, many years ago, but all my reports currently say I have 0 late payments. Here's a summary of what's on there:

US Dept. of Education

Closed:  Feb 4, 2017

Remarks:  Payment after charge off/collection, student loan permanently assigned to government

Dept of ED/Sallie Mae

Closed:  Dec 5, 2012

Remarks:  Transfer (120-149 days late)

ACS/CHELA

Closed:  Nov 30, 2012

Remarks:  Student loan permanently assigned to government (120-149 days late)

ACS/ALL SLC

Closed:  Jul 26, 2012

Remarks:  Account closed due to transfer (120-149 days late)

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: Any way to get these removed?

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

I have 4 closed student loan accounts on my credit report. I believe they were transferred a couple of times, and I finally paid them off when they garnished my wages. I still have on open student loan that I'm currently paying (100% on time), but I don't know if these other closed accounts are having a negative effect on my credit. They do contain late payments from many, many years ago, but all my reports currently say I have 0 late payments. Here's a summary of what's on there:

US Dept. of Education

Closed:  Feb 4, 2017

Remarks:  Payment after charge off/collection, student loan permanently assigned to government

Dept of ED/Sallie Mae

Closed:  Dec 5, 2012

Remarks:  Transfer (120-149 days late)

ACS/CHELA

Closed:  Nov 30, 2012

Remarks:  Student loan permanently assigned to government (120-149 days late)

ACS/ALL SLC

Closed:  Jul 26, 2012

Remarks:  Account closed due to transfer (120-149 days late)

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

If they are reporting 0 when they were charged off, you could send a GW letter asking for them to removal the negative information from your credit report. They arent obligated to remove the items since the items would be correct. People would also usually have better luck by contacting someone higher in office with a good will letter. If they are truly reporting 0 and charged off, they wont affect you as much as they age overtime since theres nothing being reported by them, though if any chargeoff has a balance on them, it will affect you since its unpaid.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.