cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody get Eastern Account System removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody get Eastern Account System removed?

These jokers are on my credit report. I never received the final bill from Comcast because I had moved out of my school apartment back home because of graduation. I had called Comcast previously to cancel the service and tell them my home address to get the final bill sent. I had to call Comcast for an address to return the modem, and they had informed me about the amount. I paid the bill that night and sent the modem back. Eastern Account System is on my credit report but I never even received a thing from them. Talked to the local excecutive person from Comcast in my area and he says there is nothing he can do for me. Any other suggestions, really need help on this one.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Anybody get Eastern Account System removed?

OK, I'll jump in.......Is the CA reporting this as paid?                     If this is a paid collection, send GW letters

If you paid the OC, then the CA shouldn't be reporting. there is nothing to collect.

It's late or is it early? it's almost 3am. I dont know if you should dispute or send a DV.

I'm sleepy,Smiley Wink but I'm sure others will chime in soon.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is from November.

The CA is reporting as paid, but I paid Comcast directly.

It was a final payment that was late because I never received the final bill.

Message 3 of 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Since it's reporting as a CA paid, send the CA a GW letter to ask for a delete.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never even received anything in the mail from the CA either.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

a cRe: Anybody get Eastern Account System removed?

I had a couple accounts removed fromo my credit report by them as long as I paid the account in full and not do a payment arrangement.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you send me all the contact info you have for them please? I have a paid and closed collections account on my report and I will try my hardest to get them to remove it.

Message 7 of 9
goodygoody
Regular Contributor

I've had a whole ordeal with them too! I moved and switched Comcast service, never received anything from Comcast saying I owed anything, nothing.  Even kept Comcast service at my new house.  Suddenly out of nowhere I have this agency on my report.  Called and found out it was Comcast saying I owed $90.  So I called Comcast to ask, they said I did owe this amount on my old account number (no idea why they gave me a new account number - I moved literally 8 minutes up the road).  I asked them if I paid, would they delete? They said yes, so I stupidly paid them without getting it in writing.  That was 2 years ago, and I STILL can't get this off my report.  Comcast blows.  At least your comcast person admitted they wouldn't help you out.  Mine just LIED. 

Message 8 of 9
DM6410
Regular Contributor

Ok heres my dilemma!
I have an acct with COMCAST that has been placed with Eastern Acct System back in 10/11 for $476 for a closed acct. I knew I owed them an amt of $260.07 as told to me by their CSR when I closed my acct in person at their lobby, however, she stated a final bill would be mailed and of course, never received one but I still knew that I owed some amt not $476. Now I am ready and trying to clear up this acct since it is still not resolved and I'm so ready to move on ASAP. So my question is do I PIF Comcast directly which I can or call Eastern Acct Syst to PIF and negotiate a PFD or dispute with DV? Not sure what to do and any help is appreciated.

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.