cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share

icloud987
New Contributor

Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share

Hi,
I am trying to settle my charged-off debt with Barclay, Citi, and Citi home depot cards.I am dreadful about making calls . I hope I can find an email address and get deals in writing .

I called Northstar, CA today. They told me Barclay took the debt back and gave me the number : 8775230478 to call . They asked me about my birthdate and my last 4 of SSN , so they can confirm my identity . I gave it to them but I feel I shouldnt ? If we call the CA, should we only give out our names but nothing else?

Citi and home depot cards haven't called me lately. I received letters from ARS a while ago to collect the Citi debt of 1000. Has anyone deal with ARS before ? I am not sure if they own the debt now .
Home depot cards I have no clue who is collecting and who owns it . I plan to make some phone calls tomorrow if I can't find an email address .My online access is cut off .
Besides the email address ,what is the settlement percentage people normally get with Citi , Barclay ? It has been a year since I last made payments . I owe about 10000 to Barclay and 1000 to citi . 3000 to Home depot Citi cards.
This forum has been very helpful in this difficult time .I appreciate all the advice I received.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Rebuild2022
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share

If you made the payment last year, most likely you are still in the SOL time frame and they can sue you. Normally if the account is still in SOL then they might ask 50-65%. After SOL normally any where between 20-40%. I settled my Barclays account for 45%. That is the guide lines they gave to CA which processed my CO account. Be cautious when you start calling these companies since you are still in SOL. Also be prepared to make a payment or make payment arrangements on your accounts. Dont mess with until you are ready.

Gardening since 08/2020
Message 2 of 15
icloud987
New Contributor

Re: Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share

Thank you.They are within SOL . I am unemployed , I am a student .I think I am judgement proof and I think they know that too . I just wanted to be done with these ,so it wont be sold to many different CA for me to chase down in the end and keep accumalating interest and late fee ,because I heard CA can add more fees and interest to it even after it has been charged off, correct me if I am wrong.
The biggest debt left is Barclay with 10000 , Nfcu over 20000 , and citi , homedepot with only 1000 -3000.I doubt they would sue for this small amount .If they do sue me , should I get a lawyer to go with me? Or since it is my own debt ,there is no use in hiring a lawyer ,I should just go to court by myself?

I read somewhere here or elsewhere , it says most of them would rather settle with me than going to court with me from a cost analysis point?

Message 3 of 15
icloud987
New Contributor

Re: Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share

When you settled with barclay , if it is done through a CA , did you have to provide your birthdate and Last 4?  Did you get the offer in writing firts then mail out the money order/cashier check ?   I heard barclay collection office is really hard to get hold of ,is that true in your case?

I had to give out my birthdate and last 4 to settle my 2 accounts this month , and I now feel scared about .If I dont give them my birthdate and Last 4 ,just my name ,can they still look up my debt and settle with me ?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 15
Rebuild2022
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share


@icloud987 wrote:

Thank you.They are within SOL . I am unemployed , I am a student .I think I am judgement proof and I think they know that too . I just wanted to be done with these ,so it wont be sold to many different CA for me to chase down in the end and keep accumalating interest and late fee ,because I heard CA can add more fees and interest to it even after it has been charged off, correct me if I am wrong.
The biggest debt left is Barclay with 10000 , Nfcu over 20000 , and citi , homedepot with only 1000 -3000.I doubt they would sue for this small amount .If they do sue me , should I get a lawyer to go with me? Or since it is my own debt ,there is no use in hiring a lawyer ,I should just go to court by myself?

I read somewhere here or elsewhere , it says most of them would rather settle with me than going to court with me from a cost analysis point?


I am not sure if CA is going to tag on additional fees if they are assigned by original creditor.  To be honest I am not a legal expert on these issues. Others in the forum might chime in and help you with your legal questions. I am not sure why you are saying you are judgment proof. Why makes you think that?

 

 

Gardening since 08/2020
Message 5 of 15
Rebuild2022
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share


@icloud987 wrote:

When you settled with barclay , if it is done through a CA , did you have to provide your birthdate and Last 4?  Did you get the offer in writing firts then mail out the money order/cashier check ?   I heard barclay collection office is really hard to get hold of ,is that true in your case?

I had to give out my birthdate and last 4 to settle my 2 accounts this month , and I now feel scared about .If I dont give them my birthdate and Last 4 ,just my name ,can they still look up my debt and settle with me ?

Thanks.


When I settled with Barclay's it is done through one of the CA. When I called the Barclays phone they gave me the CA information. It was straight forward. The bottom line settlement amount is set by Barclay at 45%. Others might have a different number. I am not sure. For me it was 45%. Financial Recovery Services is the name of the company. They gave me 12 monthly installments to pay off the setttled amount. After the 12 payments made and satisfied the settlement amount they updated my credit report with $0 balance. It was pretty straight forward and very smooth. I paid each month on their website and after 12 payments it is gone. Good luck.

Gardening since 08/2020
Message 6 of 15
icloud987
New Contributor

Re: Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share

Judgment proof means I have no earned income ,when i first consulted a lawyer , he said I am judgement proof. I was going to see if i can afford to hire him to settle the debt for me ,he said since I am judgement proof, I have the leverage to settle by myself , dont need hire him .

Message 7 of 15
Rebuild2022
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share


@icloud987 wrote:

Judgment proof means I have no earned income ,when i first consulted a lawyer , he said I am judgement proof. I was going to see if i can afford to hire him to settle the debt for me ,he said since I am judgement proof, I have the leverage to settle by myself , dont need hire him .


I am not sure about that. Once they get the judgment against you they can wait till you get a job and income and they can come after you and even garnish wages depending on the state you live in. Any way double check that issue. Also dont let it goto judgement level. It can haunt you when you apply for jobs and other things. Just take care of it before things gets out of your hand instead of thinking you are judgment proof. Any way I am not a legal expert. Others might chime in and give you their suggestions.

Gardening since 08/2020
Message 8 of 15
icloud987
New Contributor

Re: Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share

Thanks for your detailed explanation .When you said you paid on their website ,you were paying on the" Financial Recovery Services" website ,right? So you felt comfortable providing your banking info on their website? I thought we should only settle with cashier checks or money orders. Did you mean all the agreement was just oral agreement, they didn't send you the offer in writing, but they honored the deal anyway?

Message 9 of 15
Rebuild2022
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share


@icloud987 wrote:

Thanks for your detailed explanation .When you said you paid on their website ,you were paying on the" Financial Recovery Services" website ,right? So you felt comfortable providing your banking info on their website? I thought we should only settle with cashier checks or money orders. Did you mean all the agreement was just oral agreement, they didn't send you the offer in writing, but they honored the deal anyway?


Yes. Financial Recovery Website. I have setup a separate bank account (Discover Bank which has no monthly fees and I used that account to deal with CA's and made payments out of that account) To be honest the transaction with FRA is very straight forward. Since I setup the installment plan I did not have a choice except paying through my bank account. Nothing verbal. As soon as we agreed the settlement on the phone they emailed me an agreement with the settled amount, due dates and due amount for the payments. Once the finaly payment made they sent me a letter by email stating the account is settled and payment satisfied. It was pretty straight forward. I choose the email but if I wanted they could have sent me physical letter by USPS.

Gardening since 08/2020
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.