cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share

tag
icloud987
Contributor

Re: Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share

Thanks . I think I will do the same , get a seperate account and just use it for settlement . I prefer email agreement too as it will be quicker . As far as your warning earlier , you said be careful to call them within SOL , do you think it would be better when I call , I say "I am not admitting the debt , I just want to know the settlement option?"

Message 11 of 15
icloud987
Contributor

Re: Anyone Has Email of Barclay ,Citi , Citi Home Depot Card's Collection Department ? Please Share

Thank you so much .I didnt know the judgement could hang around till I get a job .Yes I definately want to handle this sooner than later if I can . I hate having this hanging  over my head everyday . Your input is very kind and very wise.I appreciate it very much .

Message 12 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@icloud987 wrote:

Thanks . I think I will do the same , get a seperate account and just use it for settlement . I prefer email agreement too as it will be quicker . As far as your warning earlier , you said be careful to call them within SOL , do you think it would be better when I call , I say "I am not admitting the debt , I just want to know the settlement option?"

I am not saying do not call. When you call be ready to make the settlement or payment so things dont get escalated. I have no idea what to say and do not say over the phone when you call. If it is your debt and willing to make settlement and have cash in hand then just do it. If it is SOL they could ask more for settlement. If the debt is out of SOL they could be willing to settle for lot less. It all depends on the creditor and CA and related. In my case Barclays was still in SOL and they settled for 45% and I paid and happy and moving on. I had about 21 COs on my report and I cleared most of them and gardening now.

My stupidty. I had good job and income. I decied to go back to School and study MD/Phd and also I have 3 kids in college to support. It was a mess. I am glad I put that phase behind. Now I am gardening and waiting for the baddies to drop off. I have opened several secured cards and put money away in the cards so I have decent credit when the baddies drop off.

Good luck with your rebuilding efforts. There are very good people on this forum who are more knowledgeable than me and they will be happy to guide you.

Message 13 of 15
icloud987
Contributor

Thanks.I understand now. I have about 8 charge off , I cant imagine how hard it was for you to rebuild .I feel overwhelmed by mine. It is very admiring you wanted to purse MD/PHD , I am sorry it didnt work out . I feel very lucky to meet people like you here.Do you mind me asking why you didnt consider BK with that many charge off?I had a hard time to decide if I should settle or BK

Message 14 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@icloud987 wrote:

Thanks.I understand now. I have about 8 charge off , I cant imagine how hard it was for you to rebuild .I feel overwhelmed by mine. It is very admiring you wanted to purse MD/PHD , I am sorry it didnt work out . I feel very lucky to meet people like you here.Do you mind me asking why you didnt consider BK with that many charge off?I had a hard time to decide if I should settle or BK

Hi @icloud987 some times life is tough. I am happy I did MD/PhD and working on Discovery of Precision Medicine for rare disease. It was not just financial pressure. Education and Family and other pressures added to stress level. I am glad it is over and it has been a rough road I travlled in the last 8 years.

Many people suggested BK. But I did not go through with it. May be I should have filed for BK.  Instead went through the hell of dealing with CAs and Phone Calls from collectors and settlements on COs.

I am glad that phase is done. Now I am gardening and in the next 2-3 years most of my derogs should fall and have a clean report. I added few secured accounts to start rebuidling the credit scores.  I have good income pontential and many of my secured cards would become unsecure as my scores goes up. I have no desire to apply for new credit cards. Just today I applied and  approved for Mission Lane card.  I froze my reports for another 12 months and continue gardening.

Good luck with your rebuidling.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.