Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else do this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else do this?

Go to the HSBC site or something similar.. and soft pull a pre approved offer and just smile because you know you can lol?

I already have a card with them so I cant actually apply, but I like knowing i stand a good chance. Especially after rebuilding and everything.. Its been a long few months.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone else do this?

Yeah, there is a certain sense of satisfaction of being In with the In crowd. But it wears off. It passes.
Message 2 of 5
Bklyn395
New Contributor

So if you do this and you get a specific pre-qualified offer, does that mean that you will be approved for that particular card?  I have been afraid to apply for a new card, although I know I have to in order to start rebuilding my credit history.  I was planning on getting a secured card within the next few months to minimize my chances of rejection and subsequently several inquiries on my file.  I don't NEED credit, but I do see on my reports that one of the things hurting my score is no open accounts.

I entered my info into the HBSC card finder and this is what came up:
We're sorry we could not pre-qualify you for a Rewards card, but you have pre-qualified for the HSBC Platinum MasterCard which is a premium card for people working to improve their credit. This card comes with:
  • Premium Platinum MasterCard benefits including car rental insurance
  • 24/7 online Account Management access, allowing you to manage your account
  • A choice of payment due dates and email alerts to notify you of your next due date
  • Periodic reviews of your account for possible credit line increases
  • A one-time processing fee of $19 and an annual fee of $79
    • Since it's a card for people improving their credit, I assume they have some way of looking at my scores, so would this be the same as a pre-approval?

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 5
      Anonymous
      Not applicable

Yes it is  a pre- approval for their credit repair card but i do not like the "A one-time processing fee of $19 and an annual fee of $79" but if it is all you can get ATM then hey it's a start.
      Do you have a CU ? (Credit Union) I started my rebuilding there
      Message 4 of 5
      Anonymous
      Not applicable

It wont be an automatic approval, but you stand a great chance if they pre-qualify you. I got that offer at first. Then they gave me one without a processing fee and only 59$ AF, and I ran with it, approved for a 300$ CL Smiley Happy
      Message 5 of 5
      Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.