cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else do this?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Anyone else do this?

Go to the HSBC site or something similar.. and soft pull a pre approved offer and just smile because you know you can lol?

I already have a card with them so I cant actually apply, but I like knowing i stand a good chance. Especially after rebuilding and everything.. Its been a long few months.

FAKO's:
02/19/2009- TU 709 , EX 684, EQ 694

UTL 34.33% (working on that) Credit History 1 1/2 yrs old And just got a car loan that has yet to report. Ugh, letting credit cool down for the rest of the year.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else do this?

Yeah, there is a certain sense of satisfaction of being In with the In crowd. But it wears off. It passes.
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
Message 2 of 5
New Contributor

So if you do this and you get a specific pre-qualified offer, does that mean that you will be approved for that particular card?  I have been afraid to apply for a new card, although I know I have to in order to start rebuilding my credit history.  I was planning on getting a secured card within the next few months to minimize my chances of rejection and subsequently several inquiries on my file.  I don't NEED credit, but I do see on my reports that one of the things hurting my score is no open accounts.

I entered my info into the HBSC card finder and this is what came up:
We're sorry we could not pre-qualify you for a Rewards card, but you have pre-qualified for the HSBC Platinum MasterCard which is a premium card for people working to improve their credit. This card comes with:
  • Premium Platinum MasterCard benefits including car rental insurance
  • 24/7 online Account Management access, allowing you to manage your account
  • A choice of payment due dates and email alerts to notify you of your next due date
  • Periodic reviews of your account for possible credit line increases
  • A one-time processing fee of $19 and an annual fee of $79
    • Since it's a card for people improving their credit, I assume they have some way of looking at my scores, so would this be the same as a pre-approval?

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 5
      Valued Member

Yes it is  a pre- approval for their credit repair card but i do not like the "A one-time processing fee of $19 and an annual fee of $79" but if it is all you can get ATM then hey it's a start.
      Do you have a CU ? (Credit Union) I started my rebuilding there
      Message 4 of 5
      Regular Contributor

It wont be an automatic approval, but you stand a great chance if they pre-qualify you. I got that offer at first. Then they gave me one without a processing fee and only 59$ AF, and I ran with it, approved for a 300$ CL Smiley Happy

FAKO's:
      02/19/2009- TU 709 , EX 684, EQ 694

UTL 34.33% (working on that) Credit History 1 1/2 yrs old And just got a car loan that has yet to report. Ugh, letting credit cool down for the rest of the year.
      Message 5 of 5
      Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.