cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever heard of ICS (Issuers Clearing House),a 4th CRA?? for banks??

New Contributor

Anyone ever heard of ICS (Issuers Clearing House),a 4th CRA?? for banks??

HI! Forum!

I just found out about this other CRA( Credit Bureau known as ICS (Issuers Clearing House Servicr) also known as Axciom Info Services (or whatever names that go by) that monitors your credit applications/inquiries when you submit any credit application to banks as you apply for credit for a credit card. I found out lots of BIG Banks and credit unions don't tell you about this company ( so hush-hush. Some big banks don't even pull the 3 (Transunion, Equifax, or Experian), they use this company that's been in service unbeknownst to me since 1989.They call ICS and check to see if you have any inquiries on ICS, and you will get declined for numerous inquiries.

So if you got declined for excessive inquiries and the banks didn't tell you from what resource, believe me, they used other sources such as this one and not always the credit bureaus, they didn't tell you about this one.I found this out this morning when awaiting results of my application. The bank didnt even pulled Experian, from what they told me. I wonder how could they determined credit worthiness off a co that's not recognized??!!!

These banks listed and others not listed used may this service determine your faith in getting approved for credit.

Chase
Citi

Columbus Bank & Trust

Elan 
FIA 
HSBC Bank NEVADA 
Infibank 
Juniper 
Monogram Credit Card Bank of Georgia (appears to be GE)
National City 
Wells Fargo 
Wamu/Providian

**Any advice or experience that you know of, please let me know. I'm trying to learn more about this company or others experiences with ICS/ACXIOM.**

So the way to get these inquiries removed is to request you request from them andhave them mail or fax you a copy of you report. If you fax them a request make sure that you fax machine has your fax number or ICS will NOT fax you back your report ( due to security reasons.)

I have applied for an FBO( 1st bank of Omaha) credit card and was declined as it show too many inquiries ( which were due to the Identity theives still trying to open accts in my name as I have freezes on my CR.)

ICS is not a credit bureau but is subject to the same laws of the FCRA and FACTA.

Contact the ICS consumer office, Advanced Resolution Services, at 1-800-392-8911 to place a fraud alert on ICS and request a copy of their ICS consumer report.

(This info was another forum with good info)

Q== Which issuers pull ICS/ARS upon original application for credit?
A== FNBO, Infibank, Principal, USBank, ELAN

Q== Which issuers report denials to ICS/ARS?
A== Bank of America, Juniper/Barclays, Wells Fargo

Q== Which issuers pull ICS/ARS for CLI purposes and/or account review purposes?
A== Citi, CHASE, National City

Q== Is it possible to freeze ICS/Advanced Resolution Services?
A== State laws mandate that the CRAs provide mechanisms for individuals to freeze, and special consideration is given to identity theft victims.

Q== How do I order a free report?
A== Send written request to ADVANCED RESOLUTION SERVICES, INC. 6111 Oak Tree Blvd., Suite 400 Independence, OH 44131 or fax (216-615-7604). Must include drivers license, full name, address, social security number.

This is the sample form used to request a report from ICS. Make sure you sign all your letter or faxes to them and submit the required documents as they will verify you.  If you request your report by fax send to 216-615-7604, your must have your fax number on any faxes to them and contact phone number (800) 995-2590 or 216-689-7103. Send them all these documents listed in the fax.

ARS CONSUMER REPORT REQUEST FORM 

Please send me a copy of my Advanced Resolution Services (ARS) consumer report, which discloses all
of the information in your files associated with my Social Security number.

Consumer Information
Full Name
Social Security Number
Street Address Apt. # _
City __ , State ZIP _
Telephone: Residence Business _

Enclosures
Copies of the following documents are required for processing of your request for your ARS consumer report:

Proof of Identity (Choose one, and check the box for the document you selected.)
[ ] Driver's License
[ ] State-issued Identification Card
[ ] Medicare Health Insurance Card
[ ] Social Security Verification letter (Third Party Disclosure signed and dated by your local Social Security Administration office)

Your signature ( your handwritten Signature)

Printed Name

Date

Note: To protect your personal information, your ARS consumer report cannot be provided without
your signature and all of the requested information.
ConsumerReportRequestForm.doc 1106

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: Anyone ever heard of ICS (Issuers Clearing House),a 4th CRA?? for banks??

Ty so much. Appreciate the info. I seen other members ask about this before and why their credit applications get declined. But I see now, it's this agency that's in place as a Risk Management.  Woww!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Established Contributor

It is owned by VISA.  So any bank that issues VISA cards has to submit the application to ICS.  This is from the website's FAQ's:

The Visa U.S.A. Operating Regulations require Issuers to submit information on all consumer credit card applications to ICS. The service was developed at the request of Visa Issuing Members to help reduce card losses on applications. ICS is not a credit bureau, but is similar in some ways and is subject to the same laws, for example, the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). It is a nationwide database that contains bankruptcy, and bankcard application activity, fraud, and questionable data information.

https://www.visaicsdirect.com/index.html

Seems like it's mainly set up to avoid fraud.  Very interesting . . .

eta:  also associated with Mastercard.

eta (again):  A quick search on this forum of "issuers clearinghouse" brought up this thread.  See mojavemoon's post on this.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=147675&query.id=77072...

Message Edited by jesslyn on 04-17-2009 01:31 PM
Message Edited by jesslyn on 04-17-2009 01:40 PM
Message 2 of 4
New Contributor

Ty so much. Appreciate the info. I seen other members ask about this before and why their credit applications get declined. But I see now, it's this agency that's in place as a Risk Management.  Woww!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
New Visitor

Here is another good thread on ICS.IDA and ICS thread

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/949393

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.