cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with Portfolio Recovery & Affiliates?

tag
Sdenisew
Regular Contributor

Anyone familiar with Portfolio Recovery & Affiliates?

Just found out from Experian that this company is trying to collect $638.00. The orginal creditor says Collect America. I've never heard or received anything from either one of these companies. I disputed (online) jsut a few minutes ago as not having any acknowledge of this account. After I get a response from Experian should I DV?
01/30/09
TU-582
EX-507
01/25/09
EQ-504
As of 02/08/09 EQ-508

03/03/08
TU-599
EQ-511
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Portfolio Recovery & Affiliates?

Hi, i have a collection account from portfolio recovery on my EX report too.  Supposenly they purchased this account from collect america in which I never recieved any paperwork from.  Although they are trying to collect on an charge off account that was sold household bank which I had a cc from orchard bank at one time.  So to say portfolio does exist they are trying to collect on me $869.00 soon i am going to try to do a pfd but i do not know if this company will go for it.  Good Luck in correcting your situation.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 8
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

I have an account with Portfolio Recovery and its my biggest account of them all.  I was once able to access my account through their website but now i'm unable to. 

I really want to DV them and try to pay if they validate but being that this account is so huge I don't think I can drop that type of money down right now.

What i've noticed from them is this account continues to grow interest, which is killing me.  I'm not sure if that is legal for a CA to continue to add interest to an accout but if I dont' take care of this soon it will continue to grow interest and become way to big for me to handle and to try for a pfd.

I would really love to get rid of this account the most out of all my baddies.

Good Luck

v/r
James

Message Edited by JShidell on 06-23-2008 05:23 AM
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just filed with the BBB for Portfolio.  Been having this fun since December.  GL!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have been trying to stick me with a Western Wireless Phone bill that isn't mine... I've never had an account of any kind with Western Wireless. And, it's a HUGE Bill... quite a slap in the face for someone like me who passionately hates talking on the phone. (It would take me 10 years to rack up a $1000 phone bill) Personally, I'm starting to think that so-called 'Collection Agency' is actually some kind of scam operation.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband is getting hounded by them for debt that is 20 yrs. old.  It was paid for principle 14 yrs. ago.  This debt was with his ex-wife so I was extremely thrilled to be called by his ex's name.  We have our attorney looking into it. 

Good luck.

Gulliver
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a collection reporting to EX and TU. I DV'd Portfolio, and they responded with an invoice typed on their letter head. I sent the second DV, and they never responded. They also never updated the CRA's with a dispute status on the account, so I sent a letter to the BBB and AG referencing this matter. I looked at EX today and they have deleted. Hoping TU does the same soon.

Good Luck. They have been a PITA!
Message 7 of 8
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Anyone receive a response yet? Did they respond to the DV, accept the PFD, and/or verify the dispute?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.