cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had GW success with Capital one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone had GW success with Capital one?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lindsaydruart wrote:

Get a letter from them stating they don't see the account. That letter can be sent to the bureaus for a deletion. I had success with my GW letter with them but I think they only did it because I activated Service Member Spouse status.

Well they finally responded stating that they found the account and that at this time their policy does not support good will. I have heard here in the forums that they tend to tell people that they will delete a lot but in the end send them letters or tell them that it is not possible. I have yet to find a case here where they did delete in the end. Just to let everyone know. Mine was a closed account by me with 2 lates due to a job loss at that time.

I'm sorry to hear you are not having good luck with GW requests from Capital One. They do infact GW very frequently. They deleted two charged off accounts for me six months ago. There are several success stories on these forums about Capital One granting GW deletions of all types. 

You have to approach them with the utmost respect and be respectfully persistent.

Thanks for giving me hope Donny. I was super kind and will continue to be. The lady even told me I can try again in the future in case their policy changes,while I know what their policy is. Mine is a closed account by me that had two lates on a secured card and they kept the deposit because it was closed with a balance a few dollars higher than the credit limit. They have it listed as paid as agreed closed by consumer. I did dispute the lates over a year ago before I learned of this site and the dispute comment is still on the account. I will continue to try and not give up. Most deletes I see here are for Charge offs not closed accounts late but I will hold on to hope.

Message 11 of 12
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone had GW success with Capital one?

I got the GW on my second try and I think it was only because I activated Servicemember status. Mine would likely be considered a special case but I would try again in 2-3 months if I were you.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.