Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have goodwill luck with Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have goodwill luck with Capital One

Good morning! 

Has anyone had an old charge off or IBB account with capital one (credit card), and sent them a goodwill letter Andrade success getting the account removed from the bureaus? 

I feel like I have a shot, have had a positive new account with them for 2 years post BK with perfect history, and an old account with them with no lates, years prior to the account I IBB. 

If anyone has had success or has any tips or suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. 

Thqnk you! Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone have goodwill luck with Capital One

Real tough nut to crack. Yes there are those who have had success, most of it with this issuer is in the last year a COed account can report. The older the problem account the better the odds of them granting the GW.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive only heard tale of a Cap One GW success once. They are known for giving second chances and they are known for extending credit to people rebuilding. But they are not known for granting GW success. I went on a several months long saturation campaign to get them to remove to 90 day lates from a card that is my daily driver and for which they've been very good with CLIs. But no dice. I even started to write the CEO and to their credit, they'd always call me. But it was always to tell me no. They gave me all the usual responses (law requires them to report correct info, contractually obligated to report correct info, etc.) Once they even told me the real reason: that it wouldn't be fair to others who are similarly situated. If you do achieve GW success though, please return to the forums here and regale us with the tale, which will no doubt become legend around these parts. I personally have resigned to just let time do it's thing. It's been slowly but surely getting there. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a call with them today, since my GW letters were ineffective.  A polite, "no, we have to report what's accurate.."   Odd considering there are a few on these boards who claimed they have had success.  I am constantly hearing that they are forgiving - will let you back in - but getting lates removed is difficult, though not impossible.

Keep pushing and don't give up.

Message 4 of 5
hollowtipnwk
Valued Member

I have not personally had luck with them in regards to GW. I've accepted the fact that it's not gonna happen.

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning! 

Has anyone had an old charge off or IBB account with capital one (credit card), and sent them a goodwill letter Andrade success getting the account removed from the bureaus? 

I feel like I have a shot, have had a positive new account with them for 2 years post BK with perfect history, and an old account with them with no lates, years prior to the account I IBB. 

If anyone has had success or has any tips or suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. 

Thqnk you! Smiley Happy 

Starting Score:473 1/25/2020
TU 582 EQ 540 EX 585 as of 5/4/2020
Current Score:TU 627 EQ 612 EX 595 as of 6/12/2020
Goal Score: 790

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Cap1 QS $750 | NFCU Cash Rewards $4500 | Citi (sec) $200 | Discover It (sec) $300 | BOA (sec) $300 | MJC $5000 | NCD $5000

Gardening goal is >= 6 months (starting June 2020)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.