cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone who had collections from portfolio recovery removed due to their new policy

tag
Brookenic84
New Contributor

Anyone who had collections from portfolio recovery removed due to their new policy

How long did it take to be deleted from your reports? I paid February 28. It came out of my account March 4. It was finalized 13 days later. How much longer until it’s removed?
December 2018

As of 3/25/2019

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone who had collections from portfolio recovery removed due to their new policy

Their policy is to update the status to CRA's as PAID within 10 days. Then, request deletion of the tradeline within 30-days. Bear in mind that although they request deletion within 30 days, it can take the CRAs a few days to do so. In my case, it took 29 days to be deleted from EX and TU but took 35 days to be removed from EQ. 

Worst case scenario I'd never expect it to take longer than 45 days.

Message 2 of 3
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone who had collections from portfolio recovery removed due to their new policy

@Caardvark wrote:

Their policy is to update the status to CRA's as PAID within 10 days. Then, request deletion of the tradeline within 30-days. Bear in mind that although they request deletion within 30 days, it can take the CRAs a few days to do so. In my case, it took 29 days to be deleted from EX and TU but took 35 days to be removed from EQ. 

Worst case scenario I'd never expect it to take longer than 45 days.

What effect did it have on your report when Portfolio reported the tradeline PAID, but prior to it being deleted?

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.