cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apartment Complex Collection

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure

Apartment Complex Collection

I have a collection from an apartment complex I moved out of in 2015 for $148. I don't doubt that the debt is mine and I'm able to PIF, so I sent an email to the complex to see if they could recall the collection from the CA - Merchants & Medical Credit. I got a call from the complex stating the property was sold back in 2016, therefore I'd have to deal with the CA.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Does the property being sold factor in at all here? I'd like to have it deleted from my reports if possible. Any advice?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Legendary Contributor

Re: Apartment Complex Collection

Does the debt collector now own the debt?

If the original creditor has sold the debt, then they can no longer take any payment.

You can contact the new owner and make a pay for deletion offer, which if accepted will get the collection removed from your credit report.

Message 2 of 4

I'm not sure how to know who owns the debt. The only TL showing is from the CA.
Message 3 of 4

@Sparty23 wrote:
I'm not sure how to know who owns the debt. The only TL showing is from the CA.

Welcome to the board. Then you want to make the PFD offer to the reporting CA.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.