Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree and Gardening

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree and Gardening

I am about to have a hard credit pull in Jan for a mortgage loan.

I anticipate my credit score being 680-700 ish by then.

I have the following revolving credit:

Navy Federal: 3300/10000

Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card: 0/3000

USAA Visa: 0/2000

Total 3300/15000. I anticipate this to be 1000/15000 by 31 December

So... After that I wont need a hard pull of any kind for quite a while and was thinking of an app spree and then gardening.

My question is how to I diversify different my type of revolving credit or does that not matter?

All my cards are visa. should I get MC? Discover? Store Card?

Thanks in advance for the help. 

-Brew

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: App Spree and Gardening

Diversity doesn't really matter unless you have a large amount of credit with the same lender or you shop at a store that doesn't take that credit card (like some places don't take Amex and Costco only takes Visa  in store). You really want to get cards that work for you. The cards you have now are great! What are your goals? Discover It has quarterly 5% cash back designations, as does the Chase Freedom. Do regularly shop at stores that offer a credit card? Is there a discount involved when you use their card? I don't recommend store cards unless they give you an advantage during your purchase. Also, some people think having store cards hurts your profile. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I honestly dont use credit cards a lot so where they are at is somewhat of lesser importance than being able to obtain a higher limit/lower utilization. 

I travel a lot with Delta, Marriott and Avis, so maybe them for reward points?

Message 3 of 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. I honestly dont use credit cards a lot so where they are at is somewhat of lesser importance than being able to obtain a higher limit/lower utilization. 

I travel a lot with Delta, Marriott and Avis, so maybe them for reward points?

Maybe. I actually suggest you put your information in the regular 'credit' forum (or a mod could move this post to there) and ask what people would recommend. Sometimes the company branded cards aren't as good as say a Chase Sapphire Reserve or an Amex Platinum, due to how the points work. It really depends on how you travel ,(economy, first or business class) on which airlines you travel (budget or the same national carrier), airline hub location, which hotels you stay at (how many stars), ect. Be as specific as possible on how you travel, it'll help them come up with possible answers. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again. I just loked both of them up and they have super high annual fees.

Maybe worth it though. 

My "Spree" wont be until March, so I have time to digest the forums.

Message 5 of 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks again. I just loked both of them up and they have super high annual fees.

Maybe worth it though. 

My "Spree" wont be until March, so I have time to digest the forums.

Don't let the annual fee put you off the cards. You'll get enough perks (in the first year at least) to bring them down to $50-$100 annual fee range. Besides this forum, I recommend checking YouTube, as there are a lot of good reviews of both cards. And you're quite welcome! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.