cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for new CC - found out I had poor score from issues in 2013 w/ Portfolio and Capital One..

Highlighted

Re: Applied for new CC - found out I had poor score from issues in 2013 w/ Portfolio and Capital On

@eddiechi wrote:

I wanted to thank everyone that chimed in and offered suggestions for my issues, I'm in the middle of putting a spreadsheet together of data points on how my scores changed over the last 2 months from 1. paying of portfolio collections 2. decreasing util to under 8%......

just curious to thoughts on having 1 card at 80-90% util and the rest at 0 .....  or 7+ cards under 8%

No card should ever exceed 50% and 30% is what is normally recommended for anything long term. Just be sure to keep any single card below 90% or you take a much larger Fico hit for being maxed out. There would also be a hit for each card that reports a balance and the larger the balance on it then the larger the Fico hit.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.