Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for BoA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apply for BoA?

Havnet had time to sit down and breathe yet but I got it!!! They accepted me for there secured card and for some odd reason it has cash reward.. Not that i'm going to use it enough to matter but I got accepted!

Message 21 of 30
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Havnet had time to sit down and breathe yet but I got it!!! They accepted me for there secured card and for some odd reason it has cash reward.. Not that i'm going to use it enough to matter but I got accepted!

Awesome. I think the cash reward secured card is a new thing if IIRC. Hope you put a good deposit down. Congrats!

Message 22 of 30
Datx
Valued Contributor

MarineVietVet wrote:

I thought I covered that when I wrote "Creditors can pull Experian"

I was just teasing anyways. My mistake. You are correct, I apologize good sir.

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only 300 for now but I can deposit at any time! It's awesome!!! I love this card!

Message 24 of 30
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Only 300 for now but I can deposit at any time! It's awesome!!! I love this card!

Well, here is why I asked. There has been stories that BOA may pull your CR again when you try to add to your desposit. Im not positive, and its just stories or rumors I have heard. I couldnt afford to put that big of a deposit either, well at least not what I wanted it to be. I know it sounds silly if they do indeed pull your CR again later on when you went to add to your deposit. So just an FYI. I know you were concerned about the amount of inquiries on your CR, and we all should be.

Message 25 of 30
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

I was just teasing anyways. My mistake. You are correct, I apologize good sir.

Absolutely, positively no offense taken.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 26 of 30
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting the BofA secured, hopefully it'll start a good relationship with them. I didn't get the rewards, kinda upsetting, but I have other rewards cards now, so it's cool. As far as increasing your CL, I've been told several times that they will pull hard, so add enough if you ever decide to increase. What did they tell you about graduating? Is it auto after 12 months? Good luck with your card.
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if that's the case I'll just keep it at 300 and spend no more than 90 a month on it... And they said I can increase my limit up to 10,000!!! That's insane!!! but as far as graduating to an unsecured card they basically said in 12 months it's almost  a no question I'll get it as long as I continue my plan to keep the balance under 30% and pay my card in full at the end of each month and as far as rewards I really dont care because I'm not going to spend enough for it to matter anyways. Thanks so much for the well wishes and whatnot! This is a major step in my credit building process.

Message 28 of 30
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Were you able to bypass the credit pull?
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't but when the banker looked at my CR beforehand he next to guaranteed it would be accepted.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.