cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for another credit card or be patient?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apply for another credit card or be patient?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
that 7750 balance is scary if not lowered I would get out of that account.

Yes very scary, I will see what I can do to bring it down to ~30% utilization (which would be $4500) A lot easier said then done Smiley Happy But seeing everyone's determination and focus really motivates me Smiley Very Happy

I really want to try and keep this line open and remain an AU because if I remove myself, my total credit line available will only be 750$, and I will also lose my credit mix Smiley Sad 

Thanks AFTERLIFE, I will try and focus on paying that account in bigger amounts, since I have time to wait (3 months before gardening).

While I understand your mindset, being an AU is not worth the potential trouble. 

Get off that account, be patient and make six months worth of payments and good use of the card(s) you have, then consider apping for something else. OpenSky isn't worth the effort. 

Even if you stay on that account, the minute you're no longer an AU on it, your scores will take a hit (even worse, if the account holder runs up the balance or stops paying it, you're really screwed). Better to take a hit now, and build your own score, than to ride someone's coat tails. 

Also .. .your Cap 1 card ... it started with a $500 limit? When did you get it? Did you ever receive an email about being "on your way to a credit limit increase with five months of on time payments"? If so, you're in the Steps (though they don't call it that anymore) program, and will get a small bump in limit at that time. It used to be, after your second statement, you could request a CLI, but I'm not sure that's still the case. 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.