Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved For Citi Secured Card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved For Citi Secured Card.

Has anyone had any experiences using the citi secured card. Looking forward to rebuilding my credit my credit.
Current scores are at 524 Transunion and 562 Equifax.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved For Citi Secured Card.

Welcome to the myFICO forums!

Giving TU and EQ scores only sound like you found them at Credit Karma. If so, Vantage Scores are for the most part worthless. If you want to know what your FICO scores are you can go to the following.

CreditCheckTotal will give you all three FICO scores for $1 trial. Just be sure to cancel the trial before they charge your credit card for the full month's subscription. Otherwise, CreditCheckTotal.com will give you free Experian FICO Scores and Discover.com/free-credit-score/ will give you free TransUnion FICO Scores.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did get these scores at credit karma. I will look into that thank you
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted yesterday about my success with Discover. My CreditKarma scores were similar but they had a prequalify site.

https://www.discovercard.com/application/prequal

Might check to see........

Message 4 of 9
calyx
Super Contributor

I recently got the CitiSecured as well.   It's been pretty good to me.

It took a little longer to report to the 3 CRAs for me (longer than any of my other starter cards), but got there eventually.   You also get a free FICO score from them, but please keep in mind that it's the Bankcard Score 8 (from EQ) not the "regular" FICO Score 8.

As for CCT, I use the virtual credit card number from Citi, so if I forget to cancel in time, I don't have to worry about it.
I read (here at MyFico) that it's one of the more conservative banks, so I wanted to start a relationship with them.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 9
biglista88
Regular Contributor

I just received my Citi card today. They say it will graduate to the Diamond preffered card within 18 months if you’ve been responsible up until then. I’m eager also to build a long healthy relationship with Citi. Congrats on your card! We also get some pretty cool discounts for being Citi card holders, (they have an online marketplace with tons of coupons for local stores in your area).
REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 3/3/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone had any experiences using the citi secured card. Looking forward to rebuilding my credit my credit.
Current scores are at 524 Transunion and 562 Equifax.

Way to go on the rebuilding journey. Three things:

1. Def get the real FICO scores when you can. The difference is huge.

2. The Citi card is a solid secured card. Have it myself.

3. We’re collecting approval stats to help out other rebuilders when considering whether to add the inquiry to their report: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Secured-Card-Approval-Stats/m-p/5393276/highlight/true#M572960

Message 7 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 9
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@calyx wrote:

It took a little longer to report to the 3 CRAs for me (longer than any of my other starter cards), but got there eventually.  

My Citi account took over 60 days before it started reporting to the credit bureaus. When my account did begin reporting, it reported from the month opened.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.