Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved! What's next??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved! What's next??

Hey! So I took the advice of a couple of you and applied for the capital one platinum and was approved for $500.

I did the prequalify for Amex and was pre-qualified for the every day card and two others. Do I have a good shot at it or is it even a good idea to apply for it?

I would really love the Discover but didn't receive a solid APR on the pre-qualify page.

I also had an emergency pet visit yesterday and was suggested to apply for the care credit so I did and was approved for $1700. I did what you guys suggested and asked for a CLI after 24 hours and was approved for $6000.

So now I have the capital one $500
Victorias secret for $500
And the care credit for $6,000

Do I just get an installment loan and baby those accounts for awhile?

Sorry if this was so long and thanks for all the advice! I love this site!

My scores are 716 712 and 706. The total credit check page was only able to give me the experian fico 8 and that was 716

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved! What's next??

If your EX is 716 I'd say that you have a decent shot at getting an Amex. My score was about the same when I was approved for 1k. Did Discover give a big range for the APR or a 3 point spread?
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I receive when I try the prequalify

0% Intro APR* for 14 months on purchases.

Then 11.74% – 23.74% Standard Variable Purchase APR applies.

3% fee for each balance transfer.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I try for the Amex do you suggest the everyday card?
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You did great on carecredit! Im at 601 and got $500 from them. I didnt know you should ask for a CLI? 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks JP congrats to you as well!

I read on the forums that if you ask for an increase within 24 to 48 hours of being approved it's a SP.
It was all automated and I asked for $5,000 and they came back with $6,000 so I accepted. It was all pretty easy Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 13
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I have an Amex BCE, so I don't know much about the Everyday. And that's not a good Discover prequal. If it's ever a 3-4 point spread or a single APR it's usually a fairly good chance
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good work on those approvals. You didn't say what APR you were offered on the BCE prequal, but I agree about Discover; if you get an APR range as wide as that, it's just a marketing offer and you're rolling the dice if you decide to apply.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm rebuilding any my FICO score are low 600s (around 620) and was approved for the Delta Amex w /1000 CLI. I think the Delta branded card is easier to get. Plus I get the 95.00 annual fee waived each year since I work for Delta. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, That's what I thought Joe! As much as I want it I don't think I would get it. Maybe in a year or so?

My Amex offer was
0% interest apr on balance and purchase transfers for 15 months, then a variable rate, currently 17.4%
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.