Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrow Financial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arrow Financial

I am not sure this is the right place for this. Arrow Financial has added a collections to my Ex CR and it is for a Providian Credit Card that is way pass the SOL they are reporting it as open date of 5/2008. I have disputed this and just wondering if I have a chance of getting it off. I have disputed with CRA not Arrow because I never received a letter from them and it just this week showed up on my CR. It knocked my score down from 537 to 499 YIKES.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Arrow Financial

Is the '08 date the REPORTING date or the OPEN date?

If you see "date reporting" or "date opened" under the CA portion on your CR, it simply means the date they were hired to collect on the account.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with Arrow. I am fighting them now on a SOL plains commerce card.  I also never heard from them before and sent them a DV. As soon as they recieved it, I went for the 1-2 punch.   They verified with the CRAs on the 1st and then updated again on the 13th.  Both without validating anytyhing with me.  All together now it is up to around 10 violation I have them on.  The 30 days isn't up till the 24th and then will send out the second DV letter.

Check your reports real good.  On TU and EX they have monthly terms listed ( a no no) and on EQ they have it as an open account, Factoring Company Account, monthly terms and 120 days late. They are just digging themselves into a deeper hole each time they update.  If nothing happens after the second DV, I will file all complaints and then will send the ITS letter.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send a DV and the past SOL  CMRRR    Make sure that you keep hard copies of your CR.......you always want to see the reporting of the OC as they are the one that sets SOL....CRTP!!

Just because you are past SOL does NOT mean that you are past CRTP.  Both the OC and the CA must delete by drop date. Even when past SOL and CRTP does not mean that you do not still owe the debt. The OC and the CA can still try to collect but can not report after CRTP!

Read and make all corrections needed!!!  just type your name on both

CERTIFIED MAIL #: _______________________________________________________
Your Name
Your Address
YourTown,, State ZipCode

Debt Collection Company Name
Their address
Town, State ZipCode

Date:

Re: Debt Collection Company Name; Acct # Debt Collection Company #; Original Creditor Name; OC Acct #

To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on DATE. Be advised that this is a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.
This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for FULL MEDIA VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that (a) the account is valid, (b) the amount allegedly owed is accurate, and (c) I have a contractual obligation to pay Debt Collection Company Name for this alleged debt.
All of the following MUST be provided to adequately validate the authenticity of the alleged debt AND provide proof of my contractual obligation to Debt Collection Company Name for this alleged debt:
• Signed credit application between myself and the original creditor
• Copies of all signed vouchers from the date account was opened until default
• Copies of all statements from the date account opened until default
• Proof of the statute of limitations
• Proof of agreement that you were hired by the Original creditor (creditor as defined by the FDCPA) or
• A copy of the contract Debt Collection Company Name purchased the alleged debt.
• If the alleged debt was purchased, provide a copy of an agreement between Debt Collection Company Name and myself, signed by me, stating that I have a contractual responsibility to Debt Collection Company Name for the alleged debt
• Provide proof that Debt Collection Company Name is bonded/Licensed for debt collecting in the State of Your State
Be advised that failing to provide ALL of the media requested to validate the alleged debt will invalidate any and all claims Debt Collection Company Name is asserting regarding this alleged debt. If Debt Collection Company Name can NOT provide all of the validation media requested above, ALL collection efforts MUST be stopped and the account MUST be DELETED from the Debt Collection Company Name. If you can NOT validate your claim, you can NOT, by law, collect on it, or SELL it to another collection agency. Also, reporting a debt to the credit reporting agencies that can not be validated is a violation of the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), and carries a $2500 fine to be paid to me. I have two years to decide if I want to pursue this matter. PLEASE GIVE THIS MATTER THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES.
If your offices are able to provide all of the validating media as requested, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information, and during such time, all collection activity must cease and desist.
I am also stating, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment, and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by United States Postal Service.

Best Regards,

Your Name typed

Past SOL

Your Name
Your Address
Collector's Name
Collector's Address
RE: [insert account number or name of account or name of debt]:
Dear [insert collector's name or company name],
This letter is in response to your [letter dated xx-xx-2005] (copy enclosed) or [phone call on xx-xx-2005], concerning the collection of the above referenced [account or date].
I do not believe I owe what you say I owe therefore I dispute this debt. I am well aware of my rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and my state laws so I hope to save both of us a great deal of time by letting you know that not only do I dispute the validity of this debt, I have also checked with my State Attorney General and verified that the Statute of Limitations for enforcing this type of debt through the courts in (insert your state or the state in which the contract was signed) has expired. Therefore, should you decide to pursue this matter in court I intend to inform the court of my dispute of this debt and that the "statute of limitations" has expired.
This letter is your formal notification that I consider this matter closed and demand that you, or anyone affiliated with your company, stop contacting me regarding this or any other matter except to advise me that your debt collection efforts are being terminated or that you or the creditor are taking specific actions allowed by the FDCPA or my state laws.
Be advised that I consider any contact not in accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act a serious violation of the law and will immediately report any violations to my State Attorney General, to the Federal Trade Commission and, if necessary, take whatever legal action is necessary to protect myself. Be advised that I tape record all phone calls and violations of the FDCPA can result in you or your company being personally fined up to $1,000 per incident.

Message 4 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Providian is old school, right? When is you DOFD?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Open is March 2008
Date Reported June 2008
Staying on my CR until 2012
No Last Date of Activity

So is it fair to say that this has aged 3 years and will continue on my report for 4 more? If so, then this is past the SOL as I have to find my records (if I can) because I believe this acct is way over 3 years old. I actually never used the card as the fees were so high and during this time ran into problems and all my cards went to CA. So I am pretty sure this is over the SOL.

The 3 CRA are already checking this should I go ahead and send the DV to Arrow anyway?

Sorry so many questions just have been learning so much lately from this site and I want to get it right.
Message 6 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Looks like your DOFD was sometime in 2005. I'd wait if SOL isn't up. IMO, I would DV because contact was already made with Arrow via the CRAs.
Message 7 of 11
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Arrow has my account listed like this: Why would they say I had made pmts? will this reset anything?

Recent payment history OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK120 Days LateOKOKOKOK
                                                               8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                                                                   2006                       2007                           2008            Legend: Current paid Currently paid as agreed 120 days late 120 days late

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 8 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IMO, legally they can report lates every month. They weren't reporting that you made a payment with the green "OK"s, they just didn't report for that month. Sometimes it will say ND (no data) or "OK" if nothing happened in that month.

However, an event occured in January to get them to report and could include a dispute, a DV, letters or calls to them, or maybe they just had updated their computers at the first of the year.
Message 9 of 11
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Gotcha!! Thanks so much

also it is a collection why would it be listed with the regular

accounts?

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.