As usual, I'm confused!

tag
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: As usual, I'm confused!

@novabama wrote:

Can you put that in laymans terms LOL

They have to tell you when the report.

It sounds like they're no longer reporting, though, so I'd just leave well enough alone.  Alerts from 2007 don't matter.  The current contents of your credit report are the important thing.

Message 11 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did they previously provide you notice of their collection, or did you only become aware of it by pulling your CR?

Message 12 of 15
S7
Established Contributor

I had no idea who or what ANFI was until today when I pulled the report. I saw it listed here in the forums, but until I checked Experian.com, and saw it in the alerts, I hadn't seen or heard of it regarding myself.

I understand that from 2007 is quite a long time, and they're not showing in active collections, but I find it unsettling that I didn't know prior to 2012!

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi thought I could ask some honest advice please, so I been attacking my credit hard, already got 5 or 6 negative items removed. some were easy others were a little bit harder. well anyways I have a charge from at&t with anfi anderson financial for $194 date of 1st delinquency is 11/07 so almost 5 years old (guess im wondering if i should try & wake a sleeping giant or not lol). do I try to get them to now validate this debt or try for a pfd & should I try to do now or wait till next month when it is officialy a 5 year old debt. ps. I live in IL. 

Message 14 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I put my suggestion in the other thread.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.